Fish & chip sunday

misfish

You got to like it when you set up, drop and wham, fish on and landed. Banner day coming. LOL NOPE

One hit,one fish.

Better then no fish.

DSCF4941 (2)f.JPG

Full of baby gobys.

DSCF4942 (2)f.JPG

Quick slice and dice. Home cut fries. Da best.

DSCF4943 (2)f.JPG

Hoping for the ice to hold up this week. Looks like only a couple of days of sorta warm, then back to cold. After that, pack the ice gear away, and get the toon rigged and ready for open water.

Nothing but nothing beats a nice light tempura batter for fish. If you have taken care of your catch then a nice light but crispy tempura batter still leaves you with that beautiful fish and nothing to take away from it. I don't like my fish buried in breading and salt and garlic. Clean fresh, perhaps a bit of lemon and a very lght golden batter to package it all, OH YA!

Edited by Big Cliff

A lil off topic, learned this camping.

1. Fresh water fish, walleye etc, cooked on tinfoil over a fire with just seasoning salt added before cooking tastes amazing!

2. Pancake mix works awesome as a batter in a pinch

Edited by manitoubass2

still contemplating whether gobies are the worst or best thing to happen to our fisheries.

Ive definitely caught a number of bass that were just puking them up.

I wanna see what bass look like in 10 years. At this rate some tournies are gonna have 45lb bags coming in

It's all just a nickname unless you call them Esox Lucious and Sander Vitruis.

So there. Y'all are wrong. :P

By the way. MNRF byes' only know them as

334 and 131....... might have been 121. Someone on the forum will get that reference.

Edited by jeremy84

Tell someone in the states that you caught a Pickerel and they expect to see a Pike. Go for a fish fry of "yellows" and you will get Perch. Up in Atticokan a huge Northern would be a Jack Pike. Catch a Silver Bass and you will get 5 names for it here. I once caught a Rainbow Trout and someone said it was a nice Steelhead. You need to be a Biologist to name a Catfish correctly. Here a young Smallmouth is a Greenie. I could go on. A fish by any other name would smell as bad.

Tell someone in the states that you caught a Pickerel and they expect to see a Pike. Go for a fish fry of "yellows" and you will get Perch. Up in Atticokan a huge Northern would be a Jack Pike. Catch a Silver Bass and you will get 5 names for it here. I once caught a Rainbow Trout and someone said it was a nice Steelhead. You need to be a Biologist to name a Catfish correctly. Here a young Smallmouth is a Greenie. I could go on. A fish by any other name would smell as bad.

a word to the wise...dont ever tell someone who fishes ocean tributaries or the ocean itself that you are catching steelhead in Ontario...they might knock you out to try straighten your brain out.

Edited by AKRISONER