Picking this up tomorrow

HTHM

As an employment requirement I have to have a 5 year old or newer 4 x 4 Pickup. With the price of used trucks currently and the interest rates offered on new it made sense to go new. I dealt with Conrad Vlietstra of Stricklands Chevrolet and have had a good experience so far. Anyway this is what I bought:

IMG_0964%203_zpsninnf2jb.jpg

It should look better with the boat behind it.

That is my truck Albert but 5 years newer. I bought my Silverado in 2011. Mine is silver grey with the chrome package, the only difference on the exterior my rear view mirrors are chrome. My is bare bones after that. Keep a close eye on the front and rear brakes during break in. Mine needed a few adjustments. Now I have 106,000 kms on her. I only had 1 issue at 100k, a fuel vacuum something that needed to be changed for 100 bucks after the check engine light came on.

For someone that I know counts every decimal point in the Litres/100 and RPM's at a certain gear I am surprised you chose a big truck with 4X4. I don't get bad mileage on the highway, city driving empties the tank tout suite. 327 or 350? I have the 4.8 and a pal has the same year but 5.? He does get a tad better mileage in the city. I am talking a few cents per 100 KMS not dollars.

Enjoy and congrats.

Nice looking truck for sure! Congratulations. Just out of curiosity, do you know if they offer it in a short bed regular cab? I don't know if anybody build trucks in that configuration any more when I come to think about it.

I heard all the 2-3 year old truck go south of the border to take advantage of the exchange rate. I'm looking for a used truck now and the prices are crazy

You are exactly right, because of the exchange rates they are being bought up by the US and driving our prices sky high. Five years ago we were all buying boats south of the border, so I suppose turnabout is fair play.

now if only you could swap those chevy logos for blue ovals!

I had considered Ford and was going to buy one until I drove them back to back. I liked the features and the ride of the Chevy better. It wasn't a matter of brand loyalty at all, it was what would best serve my needs without having a "D" in the name. :whistling::whistling:

I heard all the 2-3 year old truck go south of the border to take advantage of the exchange rate. I'm looking for a used truck now and the prices are crazy

that they do,a neighbour had a fairly new truck, he bought it for 24000, 3 years later, sold it back to the dealership for 26000, bought a brand new truck.....

Nice looking truck for sure! Congratulations. Just out of curiosity, do you know if they offer it in a short bed regular cab? I don't know if anybody build trucks in that configuration any more when I come to think about it.

Ford, Ram, and GM all offer short bed regular cab models, though they can be hard to find on a lot.

I bought the Chevy because of the price and price alone. But I knew there will never be another Chrysler product in my driveway, even visitors are not allowed. My next door neighbour had just bought a new 2011 F-150 when I was shopping and the only feature he had that mine doesn't is an onboard mileage calculator and a small GPS screen. Those things cost him $12000.00 more than I paid. Plus his is a God awful iron ore, clay mud coloured thing. No matter how much he scrubs it won't come clean. I yell to him "Keep scrubbing Jimbo buddy, it won't change colour." Silver Grey never gets dirty.

When I bought my truck my buddy Big Kevin (RIP) wanted to buy a single cab 5' box because he thought he would be saving money and didn't need a back seat. It was available but it wasn't any less $$ than a cab and a half because he had to order it and the 1.5 cabs were in stock. Mine is a 4 door but with that extra room in the back you loose box space. No big deal to me, I bought it to tow not transport plywood, happily those days are over. My back seat doubles for an extra shed in the winter.

I love my Chevy and I know that Albert will love his as well. Smart choice Albert.

Edited by Old Ironmaker