Early ice fishing season this winter??

huzzsaba

74F here today, haven't had a frost yet, leaves in my yard are still green on the willow, some silver maple are down, not many, have to cut the lawn tomorrow. :thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim::thumbsup_anim:

I don't have a free day till next week so if you want you can come to Lindsay and I'll give you the key's to the JD to cut my grass one last time... ;)

It's going to be a while before any ice here on Erie. Buddy went out today and got some hawg size Small mouth here. I was even tempted with 22C weather today.

Jumping pressure cracks in the middle of the lake is half the fun. I love when the hut shook. Nothing like throwing a line down and tossing a football on a nice sunny winters day out on the ice, forget shore lunch it always tasted better in the middle of the lake, everything did. I am looking forward to our 35 year reunion on Nipp this winter. I couldn't talk my cousin from Georgia to join us again. He was scared stiff when he went out on Nippising ice 30 years ago and heard his first pressure crack. He refused to go out day 2 so he stayed at the cottage and cooked us a real southern dinner.

Huzz get yourself a million dollar life insurance plan making the wife beneficiary, she will buy you some new ice fishing tackle.

Huzz get yourself a million dollar life insurance plan making the wife beneficiary, she will buy you some new ice fishing tackle.

LOL!!

I cannot wait for ice. My ex-bro-inlaw got lost on Simcoe years ago and freaked out so I don't blame those that had a bad day out to never want to go out again BUT I WANT ICE NOW!

Edited by GBW

If I was a betting man I'd say we are in for a year with lots of slush and white ice.. dangerous for sure!!.. early snow and a late freeze.. my annuals are still in flower and my neighbor has vegetables to pick. The trees have their leaves and most are green to boot..

Well guys you can likely blame me for the poor ice conditions. I've finally built the fish hut that I had wanting to do for a few years. Finished it mid winter last year and only had one day of safe ice to try it out; other then traveling twice the distance.

You watch I'll hang on to the hut for a few years, get tired of looking at it; not being used and sell it. That's when you'll see weeks on end of -20°. LOL

Dan

3 years ago Simcoe had that pretty much as a norm.

The sooner Im on my white fish grounds, the happier my belly will be.

Bring it I say. Sooner the better.

I,ll also have eyes at the back of my head, burning through those that follow. LOL

Can't wait. I'll let this guy test the ice too. Then follow him out to his secret spots. (and still get outfished 15-1)

:lol:

weather network says great lakes are 3-4 degrees warmer than normal for this time of year. that can change quickly but not with the 14 day forecast we're seeing.

i predict lots of lake effect snow for those of us in the usual snowsquall areas and a bunch of happy sledders but propably a late ice up

Edited by Raf

Can't wait. I'll let this guy test the ice too. Then follow him out to his secret spots. (and still get outfished 15-1)

:lol:

Don't feel bad. He outfished everyone that day!! I went and fished out of his hole later that afternoon and got skunked!!