2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Marner is an example, I love the kid, but defense is something that can be taught, he's always making errors on the offensive side of the puck when he should be defending, he's not getting any better even though it should be a fairly simple fix, frustrating.

I think I should coach, my 4th line would crack some skulls, lol

a guy like Marner is not going to have the open ice given to him like in the regular season, Leafs forwards need to battle in the playoffs ... Hyman showed he was determined ..

not sure if it was nerves of just completely overpowered by the Bruins but I personnally dont think just playing our game is going to work ... Leafs forward just seem to be playing without grittiness

Kadri had it ... but got into trouble and it cost them

2 hours ago, chris.brock said:

Marner is an example, I love the kid, but defense is something that can be taught, he's always making errors on the offensive side of the puck when he should be defending, he's not getting any better even though it should be a fairly simple fix, frustrating.

I think I should coach, my 4th line would crack some skulls, lol

Marners overall game has come leaps and bounds. The guy was outright dominant at the end of the season. These kids just need some time to adapt to playoff hockey against big physical teams. Every team has its own style of play, not every team plays like boston either. Learn and adapt. hell even the senators fooled their first two opponents last year with a weird style of play. Once a real team came along they put them to bed as expected.

Coaches took the summer off and solved the puzzle and ottawa went straight to the basement. Trust me, you dont want the leafs to start playing ottawa senators hockey. They need to learn to play like the penguins...lots of up front skill.

Edited by AKRISONER

26 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

Looks like Kadri will get 2 to 3 games for being an idiot last night.

I doubt it.  1 game at most if anything.  Funny how Wingles elbow on Marner wasn't called, lol.

Edited by BillM

if they look at the Kadri hit maybe they can look at the Wingels hit on Marner, and also maybe look at the knee to the head on Anderson from the Kuraly goal.

It seems like every game Marner has the puck in the slot and shoots along the ice or passes the puck away, he should shoot for the top of the net on Rask and capitalize on his chances. We need Marner to put the puck in the net. 

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

Looks like Kadri will get 2 to 3 games for being an idiot last night.

A guy that is stuck in the middle.  Boston is my heart team and Leafs my home town team,  I will not disrespect  either. Play the game for keeps.

9 minutes ago, LostAnotherOne said:

Kadri gone for 3 games.  Makes room for stone hands Martin.  Somebodys gonna get crushed. Hopefully its Marchand.  Hit him so hard when he gets up hes gonna be wearing a Leaf jersey.  I'd take him. 

Short playoffs for Kadri when Boston sweeps the laffs lol

the last couple of months Marner has been getting hit pretty hard every couple of games, put Martin/Marner/Marleau together and Marner will produce like he should . The Leafs need him to produce in these playoffs.

57 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

Kadri got 3. What a joke. Even Matt was saying 2. You know it’s a Bull call when the sens fan predicts less. 

Yeah, I was way off on that guess, lol!   Martin is going to have to step up big time.   

if the leafs answer to kadri being gone is putting in martin on one of the top 2 lines this series will be short,martin should have a seat in the press box,he will end up costing the leafs with stupid penalties and has zero skill to play anywhere but the 4th line.

the jets look unstoppable,this team is built for the playoffs,speed skill goaltending and lots of truculence.

Edited by bow slayer

2 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Ahhhh....all is well in laffland. Team is losing, fans a speculating with negativism, the players are falling apart.

6-2 Bruins tonight.

Then back to laffland to lose in a sweep on home ice!

:lol: 

You might just be right...but...how is the cold spring affecting the Suckators golf game?? Fore!!!! LOL 

2 hours ago, muskymatt said:

Ahhhh....all is well in laffland. Team is losing, fans a speculating with negativism, the players are falling apart.

6-2 Bruins tonight.

Then back to laffland to lose in a sweep on home ice!

:lol: 

I think 6-2 is a little rediculous. Leafs should tighten up tonight. Game should be a lot closer regardless. 

Also a team playing poorly in the playoffs is 1ooX better then a team playing well  on the golf course. 

5 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

I think 6-2 is a little rediculous. Leafs should tighten up tonight. Game should be a lot closer regardless. 

Also a team playing poorly in the playoffs is 1ooX better then a team playing well  on the golf course. 

My bet is that when the ice age stops and the golf courses open,  the Sens will carry their bad season into their golf game. 

The only thing on the laffs that will tighten up is Babcocks sphincter when he realizes how badly the laffs playoff appearance is.

Hahahaha