2019-2020 Hockey Thread

19 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I think the Leafs should avoid the physical stuff, ignore the pushing after the whistle, don't make it a war, we don't have the horses for that, and just play fast

if they're skating they can blow by old geek chara like he's standing still.

yeah for sure Chris ... Bruins are a big physical team , hopefully Leafs speed , scoring  and  Andersen’s goaltending will pull them through 

but i doubt they will be able to avoid the physical stuff , it’s the playoffs man !!!!

every check will be finished , barn burner playoff hockey !!!

Marner up against Chara ... lol, hopefully he can skate through his legs ...  bring it on !!!!!!

GO LEAFS GO !!!!!!!

49 minutes ago, Raf said:

playoffs are a new ball game but the leafs forwards made Chara and the rest of the D look like pylons in the regular season.  speed kills.  GAME ON!!

we can beat these relics if we can get the rush going, speed kills!

20 minutes ago, mikeh said:

does anybody want to see Matt Martin back in the line up?

uh, me!

when the game was out of reach tonight, he could have thrown a few open ice checks and maybe hurt somebody (marcand). He could have challenged some pussies and embarrassed them on multi national TV. I'm not a babcock fan, he hasn't accomplished anything with these kids 

17 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

uh, me!

when the game was out of reach tonight, he could have thrown a few open ice checks and maybe hurt somebody (marcand). He could have challenged some pussies and embarrassed them on multi national TV. I'm not a babcock fan, he hasn't accomplished anything with these kids 

There was only embarrassment on one side tonight. 

Bruins are my second favorite team. 

:lol:

3 minutes ago, chris.brock said:

you like jumping team to team eh

Well when ones team is not in the final prize chase it can be expected that you would cheer on another team. Any team but the laffs is good for me!

Seriously. ....any team! 

9 hours ago, chris.brock said:

I'm not a babcock fan, he hasn't accomplished anything with these kids 

give it time...acomplished nothing? in 3 years hes taken a team that was dead last and broke a franchise record for wins?! Its game 1...its a 7 game series...if they dont respond in game 2 at all then you can say that!

I dont think anyone expected Toronto to go into the TD garden in game one and run over boston. The game was much closer than the score indicated. You do realize 3 of Boston's 5 goals were on the powerplay...surprise surprise we all knew where toronto's biggest weakness is. Theres not much you can do when roman polak and ron hainsey are your #1 defensive guys. 

Also everyone crying so much about kadri being a rat...ive never been much of a kadri fan, but why in the hell does wingles get a green light to throw an elbow to the head while kadri is despicable? Who is worse here, a guy that throws an elbow at mitch marner's head for no reason, or the guy that comes flying in to defend his teammate? I see exactly where kadri is coming from...if Mitch marner is my teammate and I see someone throw an elbow to his head while hes already being crushed by chara...im breaking that guys friggin jaw...thats just how its gotta be.

Edited by AKRISONER

11 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

I love the way some guys get right into the playoffs!!!! Best time of the year! Make sure you all share this photo on your Facebook pages so everyone can share his enthusiasm!!!! Go Leafs Go!!!!

Leaf Fan.jpg

Hahahahaha......good stuff!

Can't believe Leaf fans trashing Kadri ????  As far as I'm concerned he is the only one that stepped up last night ... I knew Marner wouldnt be able to play his game last night ... Kadri was just trying to create something like he did last year against the Capitals...

Funny how no Bruins fans trash Marchand ... and whats with the kissing ???? 

Cherry was right , you wanna take enforcers out of hockey then you need your elite players to find a way to step up their games and take the abuse .... Doubt Babcock will put Matt Martin in Saturday night ... 

Take the latest Montreal acquisition and put Martin in his place.   I thought the Buds played well after the initial onslaught from Boston.   They definitely were on their game but man you GOTTA put those pucks in the back of the net when you've got the chance.   I still can't believe Babs didn't challenge the first goal, that was WAY offside.   The penalty on Kadri for goal #2 was bull.  Boarding?  LOL right.   Did Wingle get a penalty on the elbow to Marner right before Kadri stepped up and was defending his team mate?   I loved the way Kadri played lastnight, need more of that.   If Gards doesn't ring one off the post and Marner buries that goal, it's a different game.  Third period was a write off, you could tell they just gave up.   Lucky this isn't a one game series, looking forward to Sat!

1 hour ago, BillM said:

Take the latest Montreal acquisition and put Martin in his place.   I thought the Buds played well after the initial onslaught from Boston.   They definitely were on their game but man you GOTTA put those pucks in the back of the net when you've got the chance.   I still can't believe Babs didn't challenge the first goal, that was WAY offside.   The penalty on Kadri for goal #2 was bull.  Boarding?  LOL right.   Did Wingle get a penalty on the elbow to Marner right before Kadri stepped up and was defending his team mate?   I loved the way Kadri played lastnight, need more of that.   If Gards doesn't ring one off the post and Marner buries that goal, it's a different game.  Third period was a write off, you could tell they just gave up.   Lucky this isn't a one game series, looking forward to Sat!

Exactly my thoughts as well. I'll add that it's speed that kills Boston (Panthers beat them in their last game with speed). Leafs need to finish their checks but focus on playing their game, not Boston's.

I've talked to a few Habs fans, I think they gave me an honest answer, they say Plekanic is garbage, it sure looks like it to me, I don't why we picked him up.

It looked like 2 Bruins could have been offside on the first goal, yeah, should have challenged

3 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Exactly my thoughts as well. I'll add that it's speed that kills Boston (Panthers beat them in their last game with speed). Leafs need to finish their checks but focus on playing their game, not Boston's.

Yup, we can't play their game.   You saw what happened when we didn't, they couldn't keep up at all we had a tonne of zone time in the second half of the first period.  We need to play like that for the entire game.

3 hours ago, AKRISONER said:

give it time...acomplished nothing? in 3 years hes taken a team that was dead last and broke a franchise record for wins?! Its game 1...its a 7 game series...if they dont respond in game 2 at all then you can say that!

I dont think anyone expected Toronto to go into the TD garden in game one and run over boston. The game was much closer than the score indicated. You do realize 3 of Boston's 5 goals were on the powerplay...surprise surprise we all knew where toronto's biggest weakness is. Theres not much you can do when roman polak and ron hainsey are your #1 defensive guys. 

Also everyone crying so much about kadri being a rat...ive never been much of a kadri fan, but why in the hell does wingles get a green light to throw an elbow to the head while kadri is despicable? Who is worse here, a guy that throws an elbow at mitch marner's head for no reason, or the guy that comes flying in to defend his teammate? I see exactly where kadri is coming from...if Mitch marner is my teammate and I see someone throw an elbow to his head while hes already being crushed by chara...im breaking that guys friggin jaw...thats just how its gotta be.

105 points came from the young guys, balanced scoring, and mostly Fred Anderson, I don't see any coaching genius. You can see it when Babs talks to players on the bench, they don't even care to listen.

We don't have the guys that break jaws, we have a soft team so the other teams are going to take liberties. The same as Bab's Detroit teams, soft.

Edited by chris.brock

1 minute ago, BillM said:

Even if the boys aren't turning around to acknowledge Babs as he talks, you can bet they're listening :)

yup...you dont ignore a guy like mike babcock...i can assure you, if you are ignoring him, lou would have you on the first bus the hell outta town, or to the bottom of a lake with cement shoes.

Look at the player that hes turned Kadri into...Kadri was close to out of a job prior to babcocks arrival.