2019-2020 Hockey Thread

29 minutes ago, moxie said:

You are welcome .Just trying to help out. 

By the way, I would advise you and other like minded fans over the age of 1o to refrain from uttering "leaf nation" . Just say over in your head a few times and you will understand what I mean. Good luck.

Hmmm, I'll find a kid under 1o (?) to interpret your message and get back to you. lol

15 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Hmmm, I'll find a kid under 1o (?) to interpret your message and get back to you. lol

Take your time. 5 decades of dashed hopes and shattered dreams can have a negative effect on ones psyche.  Good luck.

Edited by moxie
spelling....once more.

7 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

Hey guys, fun and razzing is good but lets not let this go off the rails, it's just hockey.

finally something that Matt and I agree on lol...lets not get to crazy and get this thread closed. I like talking hockey a lot.

Edited by AKRISONER

Matt, I have no issue with your posts, heck I expect them! I just won't listen to Bull from guys that didn't say dung for months and somehow found the balls and hockey wisdom after the Leafs went down 2-0. Takes guts to call the series and criticize now right? Sorry, but that's a joke.

You on the other hand have been a very consist PITA all year!! LOL :clapping:

9 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

Hey glass house, what does "phsyce" mean? Is it related to "1o"? I'll need more than luck to read your posts.  :rofl2:

I dont know!! I use the internet to make me seem intelligent. 

Just now, grimsbylander said:

Matt, I have no issue with your posts, heck I expect them! I just won't listen to Bull from guys that didn't say dung for months and somehow found the balls and hockey wisdom after the Leafs went down 2-0. Takes guts to call the series and criticize now right? Sorry, but that's a joke.

I aim to please, or annoy, however you look at it.

Pick and choose the things you want to participate in and ignore the rest!

Works!!

;)

4 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

Works!!

;)

Good advise! From now on you are my main target hahahaha Should be easy too, you're a Sucks fan!!!! :P

Edited by grimsbylander

9 minutes ago, muskymatt said:

Hey guys, fun and razzing is good but lets not let this go off the rails, it's just hockey.

Always.  Like i said theyre a good young team and should find their way . Just keep wins and losses in perspective. 

47 minutes ago, moxie said:

Although all teams make them just look in the area of Bostons net and you'll see the ultimate blunder. Ruin a season no but ruin a decade , YES. 

Wow. And people say the leafs live in the past. Let’s use a trade from 12 years ago as a counter argument. 

Its ok to be a closet sens fan. I wouldn’t want to admit I liked them either with the season they had. 

Edited by jerpears1

6 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

If this is aimed at me. A reminder. Ive dumped on the leafs and their fans for a long time  and feel no need to justify what i say to no one. Ever.. There was a time i cared. That time has since passed. 

29 minutes ago, jerpears1 said:

Wow. And people say the leafs live in the past. Let’s use a trade from 12 years ago as a counter argument. 

Its ok to be a closet sens fan. I wouldn’t want to admit I liked them either with the season they had. 

Never happen Theyre bigger sucks than leaf fans

19 minutes ago, grimsbylander said:

If the skate fits....

:D

Or is  it "leaf nation". 

Ill go hide for 12 months till this disaster comes full circle once more.  Talk next year. 

1 hour ago, muskymatt said:

Works!!

;)

Shouldn’t you be at practice,  Marchand? 

6 minutes ago, Oggie said:

will he dress Martin tonight for some toughness?  although they can't afford to offer up power plays.

you dont win hockey games with bad players. You win by outscoring the other team. The way you do that is you play good offense and good defense, neither of which Matt Martin is good at. If you want to teach the guys how to play playoff hockey, you let them play playoff hockey and learn to be hard on the puck.

I'm not a fan of Martin either but they've taken bad penalties in two games trying to protect Marner. Until this kid matures and hits a gym I would suggest he needs someone to protect him. It worked for Gretzky and many other highly skilled players. I know it's a different game.  It is a shame they can't seem to find skilled, physical players instead of NCAA players that don't seem to handle a physical game  very well. I know Marniner is an OHL player but they have a slew of NCAA players that cower in the playoffs.