2019-2020 Hockey Thread

1 minute ago, muskymatt said:

Chris......it's all in fun.....well most of it.

Seriously. ....don't let it get to you

;)

Laffs suck

It's all in good fun...unless the Leafs are losing! lol :P 

The ice is starting to tilt though!! The 2nd period looked more like what I expected from the Leafs...good speed and better puck movement. I hope they got over their playoff jitters and now realize they can actually skate with Boston!

It sure is hard to watch   How do they look in the mirror or sleep at night   Most of these players just can’t win.  Lou better make a list of who to get rid of.  Don’t get me wrong I’m a leaf fan   

I guess there is always next year   

1 minute ago, glen said:

It sure is hard to watch   How do they look in the mirror or sleep at night   Most of these players just can’t win.  Lou better make a list of who to get rid of.  Don’t get me wrong I’m a leaf fan   

I guess there is always next year   

Last time I checked buddy its a best out of 7 not 3.

What an impressive display of utter dominance.   Boston might not need 4 games to close out this series. 2 seasons away from challenging for a cup?  Not if 15 other teams make the playoffs.

Edited by moxie

9 minutes ago, moxie said:

What an impressive display of utter dominance.   Boston might not need 4 games to close out this series. 2 seasons away from challenging for a cup?  Not if 15 other teams make the playoffs.

what game were you watching? smoking?

Leafs out shot them, killed them on FO, and boston blocked 15, we blocked 4, lol 

Edited by chris.brock

20 minutes ago, moxie said:

no reply eh???

I still can’t sleep.  How hard is it to put together a team that doesn’t fold like a house of cards during the playoffs.  No leader   No will to win. Boo them in to.  Not enough effort.  Maybe they can turn it into a comedy.  

10 hours ago, chris.brock said:

what game were you watching? smoking?

Leafs out shot them, killed them on FO, and boston blocked 15, we blocked 4, lol 

Ive always said there are 2 types of fans. Team fans and sports fans . No defence, no size and most of all No Team Toughness (GRIT). I've watched Boston slap your leafs around for 120 minutes so far Chris.  I've also watched all but 2 games of this years playoffs. How many team fans can say that?  I'm guessing not many. 

Out shooting an opponent means nothing if you score less than they do.  What you do without the puck matters. There are after all 2 teams on the ice. Dont get me wrong , theyre a good young team but it takes a bit more than an offence only model  to make any significant run in the playoffs. Like Justin Trudeau, they are lacking. They just  aren't ready. 

Ask yourself what is  more likely to happen.  Boston loses 4 of the next 5 or the leafs win 4 of the next 5 ? I'll put the pipe down and make an appointment with an Optometrist if you promise to learn a thing or two about hockey.  And i say that with all the love i can afford any Team Only Fan. 

Edited by moxie
Always more to say.

SO FRUSTRATING TO WATCH.

I have been a leafs fan for over 50 years now (since I was about 4).  That’s a LOT of disappointment.  It was like watching a minor league team.  too many players standing around watching.  Bruins left standing around.  Almost no finished checks, virtually no toughness.  The old dump it in the opponents end, hope that they cough it up, then try to get back for the inevitable breakout.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.  The games they win, they don’t play that way.

I am so tired of having no horse in the race in the playoffs.

GO LEAFS

Edited by Canuck

Do you know what the hardest part of being a Leaf fan is? It's listening to the loads of Bull that get spewed out of the arm chair "experts" that are nothing more than haters. If the Leafs win, they got lucky....if they lose, it's because they suck worse than any team in the history of time. Why don't you save your expert opinions for your own teams? Where are all the mouthy Habs fans from previous years?? And chirping the Leafs when Ottawa had a massively embarrassing season?? Lol Come on! Boston has a great squad this year, in fact they're bonifide contenders. They Leafs are a bunch of very young but talented 20 year olds that are in year 2 of a rebuild. Beating Boston would be a big deal and not many people would have actually put money down on it. I'm thrilled by what they accomplished in the regular season and if they squeak out a win or two against Boston I'll be happy. If not, the guys upstairs have a birds eye view of what to fix first. 

So thanks for all the great advice from the ambiguously opinionated "hockey" fans. But if you don't have the stones to openly discuss your team, don't feel the need to contribute your babble about the Leafs. 

Go Leafs Go....every game, every year...no switching teams like little kids that need to feel validated. 

1 hour ago, Pigeontroller said:

Only one thing left to say.

GO LEAFS go.....

25 minutes ago, Canuck said:

SO FRUSTRATING TO WATCH.

I have been a leafs fan for over 50 years now (since I was about 4).  That’s a LOT of disappointment.  It was like watching a minor league team.  too many players standing around watching.  Bruins left standing around.  Almost no finished checks, virtually no toughness.  The old dump it in the opponents end, hope that they cough it up, then try to get back for the inevitable breakout.  Repeat, repeat, repeat.  The games they win, they don’t play that way.

I am so tired of having no horse in the race in the playoffs.

GO LEAFS

Part of the learning process. Its been 50 years. A little perspective is needed   It aint gonna flip overnight but at least there is evidence the organization  aspires to achieve the same goal their fans have yearned for forever.