2019-2020 Hockey Thread

Just noticed as of right now Leafs have the highest Goals For in the league at 68 and the second highest Goals against at 60 , if they are going to be a contender or go deeper in the playoffs this year that GA stat needs to be addressed.

If Freddie can play like he did last night more consistently I don't see that being an issue.

He's slow out of the gate it seems...last year it was similar to his start this year, hoping he can use this game to work off of and go up from here. Need mcilhenny to play well too, or find a capable backup that can

I don't think its just the Goaltending ... Freddie has kept them in games that would have been blowouts .. offensive scoring obviously has been great

Leafs have a very fast young team , not sure why their GA is so high as I don't have the video footage of defensive lapses that the coaching staff would be reviewing daily.

But I would think that their neutral zone play and turnovers have a lot of room for improvement. As we all know when its playoff time that wide open style will be hard to play as everyone plays such a tight checking game.

Just hope to see that GA get much lower by April.

I really thought Babcock and company would have had the team playing better defensively by this point.

The GA is high and the shots on goal allowed is crazy.

Last night for example the Wild almost doubled the Leafs shots, 37- 19. I'd say they stole that one, long term, it's a recipe for trouble.

Edited by chris.brock

I really thought Babcock and company would have had the team playing better defensively by this point.

Last night for example the Wild almost doubled the Leafs shots, 37- 19. I'd say they stole that one, long term, it's a recipe for trouble.

The pre Babcock teams had the same issue if I recall....

That's what I've been saying all along. Only good thing the laffs can take from that game is that Anderson STOLE that game. No "D" and forwards are not 2 way players. It will 100% catch up to them.

Can't wait to see Duchene come flying out of the gates for Ottawa today!!!

I'd say we are one player (or maybe not) away from a cup contender now!

That's what I've been saying all along. Only good thing the laffs can take from that game is that Anderson STOLE that game. No "D" and forwards are not 2 way players. It will 100% catch up to them.

^^^ I'll have what he's drinking!! LOL I'm going to save that quote...it''ll be handy this spring.

To those who have known Matt a long time, was he this much of a homer when he was a leafs fan?

I don't get it? I thought you hated the leafs but based on what you're saying it sounds like you've watched every game they've played??