Who checks these things before they go to print? NF

Big Cliff

The headline reads:

"Skydiver becomes first person to jump and land without chute". I would suggest that everyone who jumps, lands! Some you walk away from, some you get scraped up from but you do land.

or

"I found it in the last place I looked"! Of course you found it in the last place you looked, once you found it you stopped looking right? duh!

Surprise! Heard the ones I hate the most today at school - 2 ladies discussing freezers and danged if they didn't both say "unthaw" and "dethaw" a few times each. I durn near got meself b**tch slapped when I cut in and asked why they were putting the frost back IN the freezers when I thought the point was to take the frost out. Told 'em to sit in front of their computers and look up "defrost" and "thaw" on wikipedia.

Not sure why they don't seem to wanna talk to me anymore...

Michael

Anglers are like many people; things they take an interest in will usually receive more attention to detail. Text them to ask them where some friends are, and they might reply "THEY'RE in THEIR boat over THERE", and get all three wrong. Ask them about the colour of the plastic worm they're using, and they'll spell 'chartreuse' correctly every time. :wacko: