More fishing access lost.Notty/Angus.

misfish

I had to go into Angus to get the grandaughter and was early, so made the right turn before the bridge. I guess the owner has had enough and I for one, do not blame them. Big red dots on trees,no tresspassing sign and a chain across the walk entrance. Talking to a local that was fishing on the edge of the property line, he said the owner had enough. From what I heard, an angler that was fishing the already posted no tresspassing further down, was asked to leave. His response was not friendly.

So now you have a 50 yard shore line to fish on the north side of the bridge. WELL DONE,WELL DONE.

Keep this crap up, and you will lose the south side as well. Myself I dont care, as I dont fish there. It dose sadden me the ignorance of people and the ones that feel the need to leave thier trash behind.

001.JPG

002.JPG

I personally don't know why people have to take anything at all with them that they would throw away as an afterthought in this day and age.I go fishing I use a thermos and my lunch is packed in a bag which is used to take anything loose with me.I don't bother with live bait anymore with all the bio products available.I use the same philosophy whether I am shore, boat or ice fishing.

Property owners have only one way of curtailling the problem and that is to block it off to public access and of course this doesn't just apply to fishing as it is the same problem wherever use of private land is allowed for public trails too.They do have the right to protect their investment, just sad that some elements feel they can trash the world and walk away.

Kerry

same thing is happening on the ganny, 3 farmers posted their land this year.

was on some private grounds as a guest of a member, and got to watch a couple of trespassers get introduced to the land owners fully trained schitzun king sheppard! they came down in kayaks as a way of getting around the private property, about half way through, they decided to leave their kayak and and stand in the river. land owner has a kings deed which says he owns the river bed.

yes Dan does not mess around. more and more land is disappearing from the ganny . if it goes maybe the rainbows will come back

no he does not! his new dog is big too, he just bought him last year, said it was one of the only dogs that scared him

same thing is happening on the ganny, 3 farmers posted their land this year.

was on some private grounds as a guest of a member, and got to watch a couple of trespassers get introduced to the land owners fully trained schitzun king sheppard! they came down in kayaks as a way of getting around the private property, about half way through, they decided to leave their kayak and and stand in the river. land owner has a kings deed which says he owns the river bed.

yes Dan does not mess around. more and more land is disappearing from the ganny . if it goes maybe the rainbows will come back

Let me give you a bit of history here.

The land was open to all back before I moved to Barrie 25+ years ago. They even let people use thier home property to store thier tin boats to launch on the Notty. About 15 years ago, they tried to make things easy for those that felt the need to leave trash. They put out large steel drums for trash and even put a porto potty. Sign posted, keep it clean. Last chance. Saddley, some dicks decided it would be fun to set the porto on fire. This was the end of above said. CLOSED OFF. From then til this past fall, the rest was open. Now like said, CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED TO ALL.

I have a nice private public allowed, access spot that has been posted, KEEP IT CLEAN OR LOSE IT. Shame if they do, as it,s a spot I like to visit a few times in the fall. I can only take so much trash out with me the few times I visit it.

Let me give you a bit of history here.

The land was open to all back before I moved to Barrie 25+ years ago. They even let people use thier home property to store thier tin boats to launch on the Notty. About 15 years ago, they tried to make things easy for those that felt the need to leave trash. They put out large steel drums for trash and even put a porto potty. Sign posted, keep it clean. Last chance. Saddley, some dicks decided it would be fun to set the porto on fire. This was the end of above said. CLOSED OFF. From then til this past fall, the rest was open. Now like said, CLOSED CLOSED CLOSED TO ALL.

I have a nice private public allowed, access spot that has been posted, KEEP IT CLEAN OR LOSE IT. Shame if they do, as it,s a spot I like to visit a few times in the fall. I can only take so much trash out with me the few times I visit it.

same thing on the ganny, they put trash cans out for people, and people still can't be bothered, people walk across their freshly plowed and seeded fields, and just disgrace their property, if you can take it in with you, you can take it out with you.

its not just fisherman. As I drove thru town today I was stunned how much garbage I saw laying in the ditches. Seriously, who throws garbage out their window? Is it someone elses responsibility to pick up your coffee cup or even cigarette butts? Ignorant. We truly live with a bunch of slobs

land owner has a kings deed which says he owns the river bed.

I understand he's fed up with the trespassing, but I'd like to see the piece of paper saying he has a "kings deed" for the river bed.

What about the Navigable Waters Act? I'm pretty sure if his dog hurts somebody, he'll be in trouble.

Edited by chris.brock

I understand he's fed up with the trespassing, but I'd like to see the piece of paper saying he has a "kings deed" for the river bed.

What about the Navigable Waters Act? I'm pretty sure if his dog hurts somebody, he'll be in trouble.

they're within their rights as long as they do not leave their boats, soon as they leave their boats, they are on his land. the township knows he has a kings deed, he wants to put his property up for sale, the township wants him to segregate it and use the river as the dividing line. kings deeds are old deeds, and rare ones.

he uses his dogs for intimidation only, hes an old man, not able to take on a young punk who thinks they can trespass on his land

land owner has a kings deed which says he owns the river bed.

I'd love to see it, there aren't many navigable waterways in this province where landowners still have stream bed rights. I only know of one that I fish.

its not just fisherman. As I drove thru town today I was stunned how much garbage I saw laying in the ditches. Seriously, who throws garbage out their window? Is it someone elses responsibility to pick up your coffee cup or even cigarette butts? Ignorant. We truly live with a bunch of slobs

There isn't a roadway in southern Ontario, short of the few kept clean by volunteers, that is not a pigsty. I cashed in $250 in aluminum last year picking up cans on my morning walks with the dog.

There isn't a roadway in southern Ontario, short of the few kept clean by volunteers, that is not a pigsty. I cashed in $250 in aluminum last year picking up cans on my morning walks with the dog.

:worthy: Used to have a friend that would take a group of younger people and do the ditches, he regularly picked a big cargo trailer full of pop and beer cans, turned into cash for charity.

Hahaha that was one of my favorite things to do with grampa when I was a youngin!

Still sticks with me to this day.

I got a few hundred bucks worth sitting out in my shack.

We bring a trash bag with us when we shore fish. Its amazing the odd spots you will find trash or where a party went on in some weird part if the bush. We even found a couch a few years back and I had to wonder how it got in there? Its thick enough bush its hard to walk through for 5km, howd a friggen couch get out there lol

Edited by manitoubass2

they're within their rights as long as they do not leave their boats, soon as they leave their boats

That's true if the waterway is considered navigable, if it's not, like the Ganny then they cannot canoe or kayak through private property.

Rich.

Edited by Richard S.