BaitCloud

captpierre

Just came from the Sportman Show at the Lindsay Fairgrounds.

Nice little show. A bit of everything.

Talked to a young guy in a booth

Developed a product called BaitCloud.

You drop a scented effervescent ball in the water and it fizzes and releases a scent and bubbles from the lake bottom

Supposed to attract fish.

Originally developed for ice fishing.

Comes in a three pack. $10 at the show.

Bought the shad scent.

Might work or be a gimmick.

Anybody hear of this?

BaitCloud.com

I checked them out and was going to buy a tube as they did a demo in the big fish tank and they got all wound up but I spent more cash than expected so I passed... Good beef jerky at the other end of the row too!!! (yeah they stole the baitball guy's cash...sorry)

Don't plan on using a fish finder with that stuff! Buddy had a sample from the manufacturer this past ice season so we tried it where we were whitie fishing on Simcoe. Cluttered up my x67 so bad for an hour that I moved holes. We were in 40ish feet for reference

Don't plan on using a fish finder with that stuff! Buddy had a sample from the manufacturer this past ice season so we tried it where we were whitie fishing on Simcoe. Cluttered up my x67 so bad for an hour that I moved holes. We were in 40ish feet for reference

I can see this happening. Someone said gimic. Ya, thats about it. Sorry thats my opinion.

You want to do the same, just drop your bait to the bottom and bounce it . You will get a cloud and fish will come in.

Well I was gonna try it on crappie/perch but geoff cheaped out and had to buy beef jerky

(I woulda done the same)

And it is SOOOO GOOD, and new sunglasses by bluewateroptics that I really do like!

My buddy brought one up to nipissing a month ago. He said it was the secret weapon. lol. After dropping it down the hole 10 minutes later he caught the biggest Perch of the weekend. Coincidence? Maybe, but he was pretty pumped.

While ice fishing on Simcoe I had a nice school of perch in my area so decided to drop down a garlic bait cloud to keep them around. I didn't get a single bite after and I couldn't even see if they were still around because my sonar was clouded from the bubbles. I had to relocate about 20-30 feet away. Further I got from the bait cloud the more fish there were.

But on another occasion I hit Pike consistanly while ice fishing using the same product.

I won't be using it again for perch but maybe will give it one more shot with Pike.

Bait Cloud will be at this Saturday's North GTA Tackle Swap if anyone wants to check them out! Here are the details:

Date: Saturday April 9, 2016

Time: Doors Open from 9:00 AM -2:00 PM

Admission Costs: $ 2(Toonie) or FREE Admission with the donation of non-perishable food item for the local FOOD BANK!

St. Basil the Great College School

20 Starview Lane, North York, ON M9M 3B2

FREE DOOR PRIZE DRAWS!

FUND-RAISING BBQ on site!

When I lived at Long Point years ago, the party boats that drifted the sandy bottomed Inner Bay for smallies would often drag a piece of chain to stir up the bottom to attract fish, not sure if it attracted minnows that in turn attracted the bass or it directly attracted the bass but much the same principle.

Edited by dave524

• 1 year later...