Well, it's official, the signs went up today NF

Big Cliff

We have been talking about it for a year or so; we love this place and have enjoyed 15 wonderful years here, so many memories of the kids, grand kids, neices, nephews, friends, swimming, fishing, sitting by the fire.......It sure has been wonderful and the memories will stay with us for the rest of our lives.

We have been so blessed to have the most wonderful friends and family, if it weren't for them this move would have probably happened a few years earlier. Heck I remember one year I posted on here that I needed help putting my docks in: 16 people showed up on the most miserable day you could imagine in April and before they left the docks were in!

I needed to do some landscaping stuff: wiskeywizard (Mike) and manjoe39 (Paul on his holidays) showed up and spent two days here slugging sand and laying interlock. Mike even handed me the key to his tractor because I had about 30 yards of gravel to move. They wouldn't take anything for it, they just did it because that's the kind of people they are.

One year I even posted that we wanted to adopt a son, someone that we could share our good fortune with but that would also help us; enter Shawn and Simon (pikeslayer). Turned out that Shawn would be going to school here in Lindsay and needed a place to stay. Friendships developed, their famly became part of our extended family and is to this day!

Over the years we have met so many wonderful people here and had the pleasure of sharing their company, oh I wish I could list them all but that would take a very long time and I'd probably miss someone and feel really bad about it.

From time to time we tend "not to remember" (we don't forget, we just don't remember) until something triggers it and it all floods back. Roy having a nap on our deck, Beans coming back after a fishing trip with Albert and looking like a wet dog, a 7 year old landing a 43" muskie off our dock on a Spiderman fishng rod..... How do you put 15 years of wonderful into a post like this.

Selling the boat and ATV are going to be hard for me to do as well, both are in excellent condition but with us down sizing I'm just not going to have room for the ATV and my little Rogue just can't tow a boat this size so I'll probably just get myself something that I can still handle. It will all work out!

Anyway, I know there are some real-estate agents on here, if you have the time to look at our listing and offer any advice it would be most welcome. We decided to sell it privately for a couple of reasons but there is a buyers rep incentive available. The property Guys sign # is: 195744

Moving on (but not up just yet) :angel:

I know exactly where you are coming from. the wife is adamant that we move from our house on the lake (we built it 25 years ago) and have enjoyed the lake life for so long, it is really tough to move away, but we hit the magic age of 70 and it is so much work to take care of the house and property we aren't able to do it and it would need someone younger to do it justice.

So this summer I will get my boys out to help clean out the basement and go thru my stuff and pick out what they want then try and put it on the market.

If this is the golden years, they sure are a crappy colour. sure going to hate moving to an apartment and having neighbours so close, but happy wife, happy life (I guess)

I know exactly where you are coming from. the wife is adamant that we move from our house on the lake (we built it 25 years ago) and have enjoyed the lake life for so long, it is really tough to move away, but we hit the magic age of 70 and it is so much work to take care of the house and property we aren't able to do it and it would need someone younger to do it justice.

So this summer I will get my boys out to help clean out the basement and go thru my stuff and pick out what they want then try and put it on the market.

If this is the golden years, they sure are a crappy colour. sure going to hate moving to an apartment and having neighbours so close, but happy wife, happy life (I guess)

Try to look at it in a positive light my friend, I to am 70 so I totally understand where someone 65 probably wouldn't. We have enjoyed the best of the best for the last number of years. Now it is time for us to sit back and let someone else enjoy it while we sit back and enjoy watching them enjoy it! We can still go fishing or whatever but we just have to pace ourselves and let someone else do the work LOL.

Cliff and Sue

I have some wonderful memories of your place!! Sydney always loved going there and spending time with you. And I definitely always enjoyed your company. Whether it was to help put your dock in, going fishing or simply chatting, it'll always be a place I remember very fondly. I Completely understand why you are moving...but that lake will always be a place where I'll say "there's this great guy also named Cliff who used to have a place on this lake..." as I boat by...

Cliff and Sue

I have some wonderful memories of your place!! Sydney always loved going there and spending time with you. And I definitely always enjoyed your company. Whether it was to help put your dock in, going fishing or simply chatting, it'll always be a place I remember very fondly. I Completely understand why you are moving...but that lake will always be a place where I'll say "there's this great guy also named Cliff who used to have a place on this lake..." as I boat by...

Still got that picture of Sydney swimming in our big corner bath tub with her life jacket on? You sitting here playing your guitar, BBQs on the deck. That picture of Sydney sitting on my lap with her arms around my neck because she didn't want to go home....Oh what wonderful memories my friend!

Hi Cliff, when we were looking for a place I was doing some homework and came across your posts of how much you liked it there. It was one of the reasons why we bought where we did. It's nice to take a stroll or ride bikes with the boys to come chat, feed chipmunks in your kitchen or go out fishing. Helping you out when you need it is easy when I know you pay it forward many times. Once the boat is sold, please take me up on my standing offer to come fish anytime.

All the best with the sale for you and Sue Cliff. You have a beautiful place there and I'm sure it won't be on the market long.

Debbe and I have enjoyed all our visits. You two are the most gracious of hosts.

Oh and I hope that no matter where we are we can still enjoy our visits with you guys too! You are both so easy to spend time with.

Hi Cliff, when we were looking for a place I was doing some homework and came across your posts of how much you liked it there. It was one of the reasons why we bought where we did. It's nice to take a stroll or ride bikes with the boys to come chat, feed chipmunks in your kitchen or go out fishing. Helping you out when you need it is easy when I know you pay it forward many times. Once the boat is sold, please take me up on my standing offer to come fish anytime.

LOL, you see, memories keep flooding in, the boys feeding the chipmunks I think we have the fattest chipmunks in the whole darn area. I had one that came right in, got up on my computer and generated random key strokes. (well I thought they were random until I realized they all came out "give me more peanuts or else"). Seriously though you have a beautiful family and I would love to spend more time fishing with you or just hanging out! We won't loose touch!

Cliff I hear something in your voice and it is a bit of sadness. It is one of the biggest decisions in your life to move away from a wonderful home with so many memories. It has to be hard. Mom and Dad had to go into a retirement residence 2 years ago after living in our home for 60 years. It was very hard for them and still haven't adjusted. We reminisce about the "good old days", I say these are the good new days. We make today what we will think back on tomorrow. We downsized as far as maintenance 16 years ago. 4500 sq feet for the 2 of us was stupid so we moved to our cottage. They are going to have to take me to the morgue from here. I am only going to be 62 and but mornings like today feel like 92. I have good days when I can cut the grass and paint and tidy and, and. If it's a bad day today, tomorrow it will get done. There will be a day I need to go into a condo or apt. just not today.

You will make the road your home with that new rig you are going to get. You always have a bed to sleep in when you take in the north shore of Erie, or a plug to hook into when you get here. We will go Walleye hunting in my boat, 2 of these Erie monsters will feed the 4 of us with leftovers. Actually we will stay in the motor home and you can have the whole cottage to Sue and yourself, just don't mess with my remote.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Cliff I hear something in your voice and it is a bit of sadness. It is one of the biggest decisions in your life to move away from a wonderful home with so many memories. It has to be hard. Mom and Dad had to go into a retirement residence 2 years ago after living in our home for 60 years. It was very hard for them and still haven't adjusted. We reminisce about the "good old days", I say these are the good new days. We make today what we will think back on tomorrow. We downsized as far as maintenance 16 years ago. 4500 sq feet for the 2 of us was stupid so we moved to our cottage. They are going to have to take me to the morgue from here. I am only going to be 62 and but mornings like today feel like 92. I have good days when I can cut the grass and paint and tidy and, and. If it's a bad day today, tomorrow it will get done. There will be a day I need to go into a condo or apt. just not today.

You will make the road your home with that new rig you are going to get. You always have a bed to sleep in when you take in the north shore of Erie, or a plug to hook into when you get here. We will go Walleye hunting in my boat, 2 of these Erie monsters will feed the 4 of us with leftovers. Actually we will stay in the motor home and you can have the whole cottage to Sue and yourself, just don't mess with my remote.

LOL, thank you so much for the laughs and I promise I won't touch your remote if you don't touch mine!

Cliff,

Best of luck to you and the missus!

The door to the Manor is always open and there is always a spot on my dock and in my boat for you!

The world could use a few more people like you!

Best of luck my friend and keep in touch.

Meely

Sad to hear. My in-laws just built a place on Sturgeon last year. They`re both in their early 60`s now, but are busy people and hardly have time to enjoy it lol. We end up having the most fun up there with the trails and the water (and Lindsay GC aint bad either).

Oh we are going to stay local Shane except for maybe a bit of traveling. Just down sizing to something I can manage a little more easily.

Good stuff! Your place will sell no problem. You will likely have a bidding war on it. Its a perfect spot. I wish I was in the market. It would suit our needs perfectly!

S.

I am dreading the day I have to do this Cliff. I feel for you. I hope it all goes well for you and you find another home of your dreams. Have you ever considered the mobile home route?

Mobile home, modular home. To me mobile home means it's still on wheels LOL. We are actually quite interested in a really nice modular in a year round trailer ??? park. It's beautiful, two bedrooms, two bath rooms, open concept, fireplace, a nice little workshop for me to putter in. A driveway just big enough to fit 4 cars (if you park close)..... so yes, we are considering it but there are also several nice little bungalows here in Lindsay.

Go and get yourself one of those motor homes you were considering. Are you still in the market? Buy a very nice turn key condo in Hamilton for the 2 of you for less than $230,000.00 or a 6 month very nice 3 season cottage on leased land near me for less than $50,000.00 and a few grand a year lease then travel the highways and byways of North America while you still can. South in November and back home for Easter. Or just buy a condo and a place in Florida, Texas or Arizona, prices are still reasonable even with the dollar. I wish my wife would be open to the motor home route while I can still drive. The day you sell will be the first day of the rest of your life. The opportunities you have are many. I'm envious.

Well unfortunatly we can't go down to the US anymore because of Sue's health issues, the insurance for her was going to cost us almost a grand a week and wouldn't cover pre existing conditions. We just can't risk it!

Edited by Big Cliff