Sorry folks there will be no snow this winter

crappieperchhunter

Came out yesterday morning to a flat tire so decided while it was getting repaired I'd finally throw a set of snows on. Never owned/driven with them before so this winter I will finally be able to see if I will continue with them or switch back to all seasons. Many descussions on here have helped me make up my mind to give it a go and helped with my decision on what to get so a belated thx to all who have helped out with this.

With my usual luck this will of course mean we will pretty much be snowless this winter...just thought I'd throw this on here so everyone waiting for snow would know who to blame :ninja:

Edited by crappieperchhunter

When your driving in snow with your new dedicated winter tires Steve you'll wonder why you didn't buy them years ago, and you and yours will be much safer now too.

You'll get far better traction both going forward and stopping and when you go into a turn you'll hold the road the way your sposed to.

Snow or no snow they grip a lot better then normal tires when it gets cold.

Yep. Softer tread compound means better traction in cold weather regardless of whether or not there's ice or snow on the roads. I always used snowflake-rated a/t tires previously (general grabbers and duratracs) which were fairly effective, but this year I went to Hankook i-Pike rw-11's true winter tires and the difference is unreal.

Steve, you were just moved to the top of the friend list.LOL

I see one flake, just one, and back down you go,,,,,,,,,,HAHA

You will see a big difference for sure. When I had the Avenger, it was the first time I had gone with all 4 snows. The best investment.

Ok,I,ll let you have one snow fall. To try them out. Thats it MR.

We are installing a new furnace this year. Since we started no cold or snow. My brother is doing it and I told him no rush. It's been sitting here for over a month. Maybe March. Next year a snowmobile. The problem is when to install the central air.

Plans on a snowmobile? That isnt gonna help the back my friend.

But it will help the mind lol

Went for a cruise here at 114km per hour. Used to get 117 outta her but shes a few years young now

Soooo fun!