Are people really THAT dumb ??

lew

We've all seen the strange warning labels on things we buy and shake our heads wondering who would be foolish enough to do what they're telling us not to.

Don't injest the paint, don't use the hair dryer in the shower, even my wheel barrow tire has a warning not to use at hiway speed.

Today for Christmas my wife bought me a clock in the shape of a saw blade for the shop and I honestly can't believe the warning on the back of the box.

Is anyone really dumb enough to try and use these blades on their circ or table saw ??

050-002.jpg

052-001.jpg

Edited by lew

Yeah sadly if the manufacturer didn't put that on there, someone would see $$$$$ and try using it just to launch a lawsuit... pretty sad. Even a cup of coffee these days has a "warning : hot liquid" on it... good thing, because I may have been SOOOO tempted to pour it on my lap...

LOL

Yep, we are all treated as if we have no brain cells. We all heard the one about the lady suing McDonalds for big money because she spilled hot coffee on herself. I recently watched a documentary about it. She needed skin grafts on her legs, it was bad.

McDonald's screwed themselves on that one. The family was looking for coverage for medical bills. McD's kept their coffee at near boiling temps so it had a longer "shelf-life". The judge found for the family to cover the medical bill but punished McD's arrogance by also awarding the family some small percent of 1 day's worth of coffee sales which amounted to the millions of dollars.

Worked on a neighbour's farm all through high school during the 60's, ages 14 to 19. Scares me to think of todays teens working around all that machinery that didn't have protective guards on rotating shafts or any pinch points. Products of the increasing nanny state and helicopter parenting I guess and it's only getting worse.

Edited by dave524