Sad Day in our House

TJQ

So sorry TJ, Monique, Avery and Jaden :( Saw this on Facebook and it made me cry a few tears for you all. Ralphie liked Muskie and they seemed to bond. You did the right thing and it is never easy. Sorry for your loss guys :(

Yes - there's something about a dog - they are so trusting, and always look to please you - I had a small Westie that was my best fishing partner for a long time - I always remember - years ago when my wife was still living - I would come home from work and my wife would be busy at the sink getting dinner ready - she'd hardly notice me coming in the door - but not Annie - she'd be there wagging her tail waiting by the door to greet me - the one problem is that they don't really live that long -

It's taken me a while to post here...it just never seems that words are enough. The closer the people are to me, the more difficult it is. I know how special Muskie was to your family and friends too. He led a great life and enriched your lives all the while. If dogs could smile, he's smiling now. RIP Muskie.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Life will go on, its funny I keep wanting to put my plate down and give him leftovers, and then always glancing at the door to see if he wants in... sigh... were gonna get some of those pictures blown up and he will have a place in our home forever.

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. Life will go on, its funny I keep wanting to put my plate down and give him leftovers, and then always glancing at the door to see if he wants in... sigh... were gonna get some of those pictures blown up and he will have a place in our home forever.

Sorry for your loss. It takes a while for that to go away. Ive always found getting another dog helps. I have always had one.

S.

Winston left my family this afternoon. Exact same symptoms/ situation as Muskie.

At the vet's, there were plenty of tears, from our vet too. I know it's her job and she has been doing it for quite a while, but as we were leaving she said something that struck a chord.

She said - I've seen people drop off their dog to be put down, hand over the dog, pay the bill, then stroll out the door. It's a terrible day but I can tell you guys cared and are great pet people.

I can tell from your post TJ, Muskie had a great family and life too.

And please, I don't want a single person to reply to my reply or mention it, I just wanted to say this. Not one comment please. Thanks.

We're sad, but that's a good thing because we cared and our dogs had love and good lives.

Edited by chris.brock