Darn pedestrians in dark clothes. NF

captpierre

I'm a careful driver. Not a speed demon.

No accidents.

This evening I'm in an intersection in the dark waiting to turn left. It's raining.

I begin my turn.

Last minute I see an older woman. Dressed entirely in black. With a black purse. Black umbrella tipped towards me.

Crossing the street to my left.

Right in my path.

Didn't see her at all thru the rain covered door window.

I heard several pedestrians were hit in TO early this morning.

I'm not surprised.

Same thing here this morning; halfway through making a left turn; this woman on a bike, riding on the sidewalk came out of nowhere. She was all in dark colours, no light or reflectors on the bike. I had more then enough time to avoid hitting her; but I get the finger from her???

OK lets count the number of things you did wrong lady!

Dan.

Same thing last night with me, dropping my son off. Guy all in dark clothing standing in the middle of the turn in lane in an industrial division with bad lighting. Saving grace is he stopped to light up a smoke in the middle of the laneway and I saw the lighter. Otherwise he was completely hidden in the shadow of the building

We protect theses types from death with laws to punish the drivers.. in the old days it was natural selection that got them... as for riding a bike on Friday sidewalks, there would still be people saying it's the drivers fault..

We protect theses types from death with laws to punish the drivers.. in the old days it was natural selection that got them... as for riding a bike on Friday sidewalks, there would still be people saying it's the drivers fault..

I was gonna add a bit to my original post but opted not to. However I firmly believe that the pedestrian is at fault in some of these cases as well. They walk like holy cows, cross the roads illegally, how many times I see a woman with a stroller cross the road WITHOUT even looking - how can you trust the driver is competent? It boggles my mind. Its a two way street - some of these folks need instructions on how to walk like we need instructions on how to drive. The worst are some of these retards with bicycle helmets driving the electric mopeds... no idea about the rules of the road not to mention they lack any common sense... end rant.

I know of two people who started riding those electrics bikes; because they lost their license due to impaired charges. I wonder how many more are out there, half pissed riding these bikes; it's had to tell because none of them seem to follow any form of road rules?

Dan.

Like up here in December Dark from 315 pm till roughly 1015 am. The people on bikes yes bikes with studded tires and pedestrians could do more for the visibility As for drivers slow down. Up here your driving on ice in town majority of time crapping on the cop up here saying the roads were icy don't wash in the event of s crash

Mr B I was going to ask about "up there" when you guys are in the dark! Not that meaning :)

Unfortunatley my daughter was in a situation (2012) in Woody, to Clarence which you know, a woman all in black, dark night January and snowing, (sorry she wasn't Greek, or Italian as stated in a former thread)she walked out on her right and she didn't see her, just a bump, But our insurance didn't agree! They wanted to "collect"! On renewal she was cancelled. NO charges were laid. I do not know if she got a pay out, damn stupid if it was a put on!!!

She got another insurer and after 5 years it still shows up! I have to fill out a form stating she is no longer under my policy!! she is married, has a child, her husband is a Minisrty of Labour Inspector, have their own home . . .and bites me in the ass but not financially, just pain to get the forms, but who knows if it's affecting my rates.

ketchenany ,,,check with FishNAutographs, he is more up to date, and will give u more up to date info

Fyi years ago I had an idiot in front of me try to create an accident as I was travelling from barrie to humber hospital ever day over a 2 week period before my dad died.. the dude got caught on my camera and was charged...some like to stage accidents but my best advice would be pm FishNAutographs

Dara so true, costs are minimal for materials that help u stand out in the dark,,many people ride bicycles throughout the winter up here, but even this morning on the hwy in a 70 km zone a guy was all dressed in black with no flashing rear or front light, many do but there are a few who play with their lives