An open letter to Justin

Big Cliff

It's sad to see prohibition and the lack of knowledge here.

That said. Taking opiates is a far better option and driving is it then?

..May cause drowsiness after all, and "to be careful operating machinery."

It's an adult decision :)

Not one that gets decided for people by others who think they know better but choose not to look into the who deal.

They have laws for impaired driving and tests for such but that's not enough I guess.

:)

You can be charged driving under any narcotic.

Narcotic is a really crappy definition, basically just means any medication/drug or supplement that causes drowsiness.

If your on the road swerving and get pulled over, and say your sick and have taken Nyquil, said officer has every reason to charge you with impaired driving

Edited by manitoubass2

You can be charged driving under any narcotic.

Narcotic is a really crappy definition, basically just means any medication/drug or supplement that causes drowsiness.

If your on the road swerving and get pulled over, and say your sick and have taken Nyquil, said officer has every reason to charge you with impaired driving

yes.

that is what I was trying to point out. Thanks.

Then us shift workers who work 12 hour nights are screwed! Can you really be charged with fatigue?

Absolutely!

But its unlikely to be that tired after a 12 hour shift. However, if you cause an accident, they might make a judgement call on that

It also minimizes your defense. If your fatigued, on medication or whatever, police will more than likely, discredit your words on the event that happened

back in the early 70's we had Nepalese Temple Balls, streaks of opium through a high grade hash, nothing new

Well technically opium is not heroin, but I get your point

(For the record heroin is up to 5x more potent of an opiate than opium)

Opium is actually a natural product of poppies

Herion is a synthetic drug called diacytelmorphine, a highly standerdized version.

Opium being natural, contains non synthetic forms of morphine, thebaine, codeine and noscapine

Edited by manitoubass2

That sucks for all us industrial workers who do continentals.. Coppers should set up shop outside our gate!

Why???

Your way less likely to drive wrecklessly after a 12 hour shift then the others presented.

And you have to prove fatigue, which is almost impossible until you have

A drove wrecklessly

B caused and accident

C got a confession(youd half to be a real halfwit to admit this without a or b as part of the equation, even then...)

A perfect example is heavy equipment operators.

If you were that tired your actually breaking the law at your worksite.

Has any operator ever been charged on site for driving while fatigued(without an accident of course), Id highly doubt it.

Possible but VERY unlikely

Ive worked 16 hour days and drove home another 4 hours and been perfectly fine.

See double or get blurry vision???

Pull over immediately

Edited by manitoubass2

back in the early 70's we had Nepalese Temple Balls, streaks of opium through a high grade hash, nothing new

urban Myth.

More likely mold. :)

People did not know what good pure hash was back then. So they said it was opium that did that to them.

Like they put strychnine in LSD. along the same lines

Edited by GbayGiant

It's sad to see prohibition and the lack of knowledge here.

That said. Taking opiates is a far better option and driving is it then?

..May cause drowsiness after all, and "to be careful operating machinery."

It's an adult decision :)

Not one that gets decided for people by others who think they know better but choose not to look into the who deal.

They have laws for impaired driving and tests for such but that's not enough I guess.

:)

See, the pot of today really is stronger than the 70s! ;)

Im gonna go on abit of a rant here.

One of the reasons marijuana is so safe and effective is because of its make up of active ingredients.

Things found in nature most often produce checks and balances.

Cannabis contains somewhere around 80 active ingredients, including flavanoids.

Synthetic drugs, heroin for example, is a highly concentrated extract containing one ingredient

Same with other synthetics for the nost part(always some exceptions)

A good example to the effect/cause is antidepressive medications in the selective serotinin reuptake inhibitors class(SSRIs)

Because the neuro anatomy is wildly fluctuated between every human, the drug itself is highly unstable. Might help one person, kill ten, make things worse for 60, etc. Because there is no way to see the amount of neurotransmittors active in a human, you 100% cannot know what is causing depressive symptoms and the like.

Cannabis is much more effective because of its high amount of active ingredients(checks and balances) it binds to receptors signalling the brain to produce neurotransmittors of imblances within the persons neuroanatomy( it might raise dopamine and suppress serotonin, or vice versa, dependant on need)

So does it work 100% of the time in a positive way, absolutely not. But cannabis has WAY higher potential to be positively effective then other drugs for this very reason.

If you suffer back pain, and im your dr, and i say I can give you one of two medications.

A is effective 80% of the time(without major side effects)

B is effective 5% of the time but might kill you

What do you honestly choose?

Edited by manitoubass2

I applaud the effort, but as per my knowledge, I can already see numerous flaws in this paper based on a handful of studies

1. It is not double randomized placebo controlled

2. It does nothing to take into factor a high amount of issues before, during or after(such as hereditary disease, exposure to other inhalants, race etc)

3. The amount of tar from marijuana needs to be compared directly to cigaretters in a controlled manner. Ie. Most tobacco smokers might smoke 24 in a day, some marijuana users might smoke 3 joints per day

I can go on and on but a simple paper on flawed studies scientifically is equal to toilet paper.

And it can also be construde as propaganda

Edited by manitoubass2