An open letter to Justin

Big Cliff

No all heroin is tar heroin. You could probably dissolve the heroin in a solvent (i'm not sure whether heroin is alcohol soluble, but if so you could use ISO), the spray the weed and let the alcohol evap. Any chemists in here?

The point is, no one is going to go to that trouble to "try to hook someone on weed ". That's reefer madness level propaganda right there.

Yes, organic chemist

This is a little off base but just to give an example.

Amphetamines are illegal.

But a compound called phenyethylamine is not(because it occurs in nature, heck its even in real chocolate) can be used to make almost any of the amphetamine class of drugs

You can even get an altered version at any health food store in weight loss products, by the name of BPEA, or betaphenylethyalamine

Also, why add coke or heroin to "get people hooked on weed"? Coke and heroin are top of the list already, while weed isn't even on it:

https://dreamcenterforrecovery.com/10-hardest-drugs-quit/

Notice what else is on the list? Why is nobody that is anti-pot not also arguing for the prohibition of alcohol and tobacco? Duplicity at its best.

You guys went the opposite direction of the point I was trying to make. you lace weed with another drug. Person smokes weed says 'that was good. What is it?' Dealer says 'that's heroin' person says 'oh'.

Starts thinking about it, wants more. Dealer charges the regular price for heroin. Customer for life.

That is how, when illigal, marijuana is a gateway drug.

You guys went the opposite direction of the point I was trying to make. you lace weed with another drug. Person smokes weed says 'that was good. What is it?' Dealer says 'that's heroin' person says 'oh'.

Starts thinking about it, wants more. Dealer charges the regular price for heroin. Customer for life.

still on about this?

no one will take something worth 100 dollars, add another hundred dollars to it and sell it for 100 dollars.

When they can sell each separate and make a killing.

That's how business works after all.

More like a letter to OFC than anything.

Lots of squabbling online here.

Alcohol is the 'gateway' drug.

Coca-cola got its name from....back a century ago or so.

People were doing cocaine and heroin way back 60-70 yrs. ago back in the jazz era, before marijuana was around much.

Alcohol always has been main party fuel, then and now.

I remember reading a comparison between Holland the USA a few years ago. Marijuana use in both countries was similar; but the USA had a higher percentage of harder drug users.

The theory presented was that the dealers in Holland only sold marijuana while US dealers also sold harder drugs. Since marijuana was legal in Holland, and harder drugs were not, the dealers would not want risk their legal business by selling illegal drugs. In the USA where dealers were already breaking the law by selling marijuana they were more likely to also sell harder drugs. The US dealers didn't have a legal business to risk.

Since the dealers in Holland were unlikely to sell harder drugs, pot users were less likely to graduate to other drugs. The availability of a legal high to customers probably made them less likely to experiment with illegal drugs as well. In Holland the customers are not taking a legal risk by using marijuana; however, they would be if they tried harder drugs.

In the USA the dealers are already taking a legal risk by selling marijuana. Likewise users are also taking a legal risk by buying a using it. There is not a lot of additional legal risk by graduating to harder drugs.

All of this resulting in fewer users from Holland graduating to harder drugs.

Hopefully, legalization in Canada can lead to lower usage of some other drugs.

Kinda like drinking in Canada. There's no need to consume Moonshine, unless you go to a Lakair G2G ! :whistling:

He Heee how does something like that happen? :angel:

The chemical issue in pot is when the garage dealer tries to make his pot better using unknown chemicals. The spraying of bug killer,paraquat and adding PCP and other cheap chemicals change the taste and consistency of the smoke. Mind you that my experience with it was back in the late 70's so I a sure it has changed.

Art

He Heee how does something like that happen? :angel:

The chemical issue in pot is when the garage dealer tries to make his pot better using unknown chemicals. The spraying of bug killer,paraquat and adding PCP and other cheap chemicals change the taste and consistency of the smoke. Mind you that my experience with it was back in the late 70's so I a sure it has changed.

Art

Zero need to alter marijuana these days

The strains are FAR more potent then the 70's

That 70s weed is now called ditch weed

Zero need to alter marijuana these days

The strains are FAR more potent then the 70's

That 70s weed is now called ditch weed

That is very true. I don't smoke any more but had an opportunity this summer. The smoke of today is like the heavy drugs of the 70s. All the pot heads will say that they can function after smoking a joint because they are used to it. Sure you can. Now tell me you would be happy to be on the 400 knowing it was full of highly experienced pot head drivers that has just smoked a joint each.

There is absolutely no way we can EVER allow driving on this stuff.

Zero tolerance I s the only way.

It's sad to see prohibition and the lack of knowledge here.

That said. Taking opiates is a far better option and driving is it then?

..May cause drowsiness after all, and "to be careful operating machinery."

It's an adult decision :)

Not one that gets decided for people by others who think they know better but choose not to look into the who deal.

They have laws for impaired driving and tests for such but that's not enough I guess.

:)