An open letter to Justin

Big Cliff

Yeah, but what about those sick losers laying around, being ill, eating doritos?

Your stance is hypocritical in the least

Because I agree with medical use of prescription and non prescription drugs for folks with real life altering illness, but don't agree with same for recreational use. Yes...yes, I can see how that comes across as hypocritical.

Have to say this has been one heck of interesting read!

Regarding pot I'm not a smoker, but the thought of making it legal for recreational use kind of scares me.

I'm not going to say who, but someone I fished with this year (NO it wasn't Chris Brock :) ) has a medical issue and uses medicinal marijuana to control his symptoms. He had a vaporizer and was using it pretty regularly every day on our trip. In a moment of weakness one evening I took ONE puff off that thing and in 5 minutes was completely wasted - I could barely even walk LOL!

In many ways FAR more screwed up than I am after drinking. The thought of people getting behind the wheel of a car in that state scares the hell out of me. I'm all for medicanal use but not legalizing it for recreational use.

Regarding pot I'm not a smoker, but the thought of making it legal for recreational use kind of scares me.

I'm not going to say who, but someone I fished with this year (NO it wasn't Chris Brock :) ) has a medical issue and uses medicinal marijuana to control his symptoms. He had a vaporizer and was using it pretty regularly every day on our trip. In a moment of weakness one evening I took ONE puff off that thing and in 5 minutes was completely wasted - I could barely even walk LOL!

In many ways FAR more screwed up than I am after drinking. The thought of people getting behind the wheel of a car in that state scares the hell out of me. I'm all for medicanal use but not legalizing it for recreational use.

if you think for a second that people who felt like you did, get behind a wheel and drive...

How.. :)

It does not happen like that but......

Maybe that person should have warned you that taking other peoples meds are not a good thing, not to mention, against the law!

Just saying

cheers

:)

id post a video for you to help with this but it wont let me lol

Edited by GbayGiant

Ok, so my full opinion on this.

When I was a teen (which wasn't super long ago). Everyone knew a guy. I'm talking like 14-15-16 years old. If you wanted to get marijuana it was easy. Everyone knew someone. I didn't think of it at the time but there was something scary about that. We would hear about pot laced with all sorts of different things. That's how it becomes a 'gateway drug'. Not because people want to try other stuff but because dealers lace their weed with cocaine and heroin to create a market.

I don't smoke anymore as I find it just makes me tired and paranoid but I am all for legalizing it. When pot is legalized, you regulate it. It is known to stunt brain growth in people under 20 so you make the legal age to purchase and consume marijuana 21. You hand out harsher sentences for trafficking and really lay down the law on anyone smoking behind the wheel or at work without a doctors note.

It would be no different then alcohol or cigarettes except probably much more thoroughly regulated.

Saying no one will smoke if weed is illigal is just silly.

Saying no one underage will smoke if weed is legal is just silly.

But I'll take the lesser of two evils.

Edited by jeremy84

if you think for a second that people who felt like you did, get behind a wheel and drive...

How.. :)

It does not happen like that but......

Maybe that person should have warned you that taking other peoples meds are not a good thing, not to mention, against the law!

Just saying

cheers

:)

id post a video for you to help with this but it wont let me lol

Your comments in this thread are equal parts interesting, enlightening and disturbing.

Ok, so my full opinion on this.

When I was a teen (which wasn't super long ago). Everyone knew a guy. I'm talking like 14-15-16 years old. If you wanted to get marijuana it was easy. Everyone knew someone. I didn't think of it at the time but there was something scary about that. We would hear about pot laced with all sorts of different things. That's how it becomes a 'gateway drug'. Not because people want to try other stuff but because dealers lace their weed with cocaine and heroin to create a market.

I don't smoke anymore as I find it just makes me tired and paranoid but I am all for legalizing it. When pot is legalized, you regulate it. It is known to stunt brain growth in people under 20 so you make the legal age to purchase and consume marijuana 21. You hand out harsher sentences for trafficking and really lay down the law on anyone smoking behind the wheel or at work without a doctors note.

It would be no different then alcohol or cigarettes except probably much more thoroughly regulated.

Saying no one will smoke if weed is illigal is just silly.

Saying no one underage will smoke if weed is legal is just silly.

But I'll take the lesser of two evils.

A very reasonable and pragmatic viewpoint, except the laced part.

I have always heard people talk about "laced weed" and in the decades I've spent around drug culture, I've never seen it.

I can never understand why someone would take something that sells for $50-100/gram (coke, depending on the decade we're talking about) and add it to something that sells for $10/ gram. Plus I'm not even sure how you would do it. You can't just sprinkle coke over weed. It would end up at the bottom of the bag anyways. I believe it's an urban myth, personally.

It's probably true in terms of method but in terms of reasoning behind it I totally understand it.

In college, my first weekend I was wandering around Rez and a couple of guys asked me if I wanted to come into their house and meet some new people (it's college and this was on campus so I didn't think much of it). I walk in and their kitchen table has 3 lines of cocaine running the length of the table. They told me to enjoy myself and that as a frosh special it was 'all you can eat. For free'.

I took a pass. I've never had interest or curiosity in cocaine but I know why they did it. As a 'first timer' I don't imagine I could have taken more then $30-$50 worth of drugs but they were hoping they would have college kids as customers for life.

I know it's a little more subtle with marijuana but I could see trying to get kids hooked on the harder stuff. As you said though, not totally sure how they would get it to stick.

It's probably true in terms of method but in terms of reasoning behind it I totally understand it.

In college, my first weekend I was wandering around Rez and a couple of guys asked me if I wanted to come into their house and meet some new people (it's college and this was on campus so I didn't think much of it). I walk in and their kitchen table has 3 lines of cocaine running the length of the table. They told me to enjoy myself and that as a frosh special it was 'all you can eat. For free'.

I took a pass. I've never had interest or curiosity in cocaine but I know why they did it. As a 'first timer' I don't imagine I could have taken more then $30-$50 worth of drugs but they were hoping they would have college kids as customers for life.

I know it's a little more subtle with marijuana but I could see trying to get kids hooked on the harder stuff. As you said though, not totally sure how they would get it to stick.

I'm sure in the scenario you present it makes sense. Give someone a line, not a big investment on a new customer.

If I were a coke dealer I'd have weed on hand so if someone asks they don't go to a competitor. This all leads into my point though. Prohibition encourages people to deal with criminals who sell other drugs too.

I dont blame ya one bit for trying. We all do some weird crap camping or on trips pretty much.

But you went 0 to 100 real quick vaping.

Like I stated earlier in this thread I dont smoke to get high, more like a buzz, and with the high potency of marijuana these days all it takes is one tiny lil chunk(like half the size of a dime) to get that.

We would hear about pot laced with all sorts of different things. That's how it becomes a 'gateway drug'. Not because people want to try other stuff but because dealers lace their weed with cocaine and heroin to create a market.

In reality, that is so very ultra absolutely rare you wouldn't ever actually see that happen.

Those are just common myths.

I mean it would literally IMPOSSIBLE to lace weed with heroin, based on the composition of each drug.

In reality, that is so very ultra absolutely rare you wouldn't ever actually see that happen.

Those are just common myths.

I mean it would literally IMPOSSIBLE to lace weed with heroin, based on the composition of each drug.

no ..it wouldn't but

it's more like they don't sell things for less than they make far more off of.

Edited by GbayGiant

please expand on how it would be possible to lace a green plant, marijuana, with a black tar substance, like heroin?

this should be interesting.

No all heroin is tar heroin. You could probably dissolve the heroin in a solvent (i'm not sure whether heroin is alcohol soluble, but if so you could use ISO), the spray the weed and let the alcohol evap. Any chemists in here?

The point is, no one is going to go to that trouble to "try to hook someone on weed ". That's reefer madness level propaganda right there.

Also, why add coke or heroin to "get people hooked on weed"? Coke and heroin are top of the list already, while weed isn't even on it:

https://dreamcenterforrecovery.com/10-hardest-drugs-quit/

Notice what else is on the list? Why is nobody that is anti-pot not also arguing for the prohibition of alcohol and tobacco? Duplicity at its best.

Edited by Dutch01