An open letter to Justin

Big Cliff

What I find amusing/ironic are those who drive to work on roads built and maintained by taxes, live in communities that the police help to keep safe etc etc etc but whine like hell about paying any taxes (and claim to have made all their money purely thru their own effort)!!

Wrong! We complain about waste of tax money and those who hitch a free ride on our tax money. A government can't give anyone anything without first taking it from someone else. Many of us pay more than our fair share just to see it wasted. That's what pisses us off.

Dutch No a level playing field is not guaranteed anywhere. If I give 100 people 100 dollars and put them in a closed economy after 48 hours you will have some with nothing and a few with lots of money there is no crime to that. Some people have the ability to make advantages and then work them into profit . It is a mind frame not everyone can be rich or become rich if it was so easy it would not have any value. The good news is not everyone wants to be rich they are perfectly happy with what they have.

Hiding money legally is not a crime using offshore accounts , investments and write offs are available to everyone. Knowledge is power in the right hands to others it is something to rant about.

Art

Art, in a capitalist democracy, at least in theory, we are all supposed to have an equal opportunity to succeed. Whether you choose to use or squander that opportunity id's an individual choice. When people use money to buy politicians, and then have politicians pass laws to help them make money at the expense of other people, that is corruption, plain and simple. For example, when multi-billion dollar multi-nat drug companies donate to political war chests - do you think they're not getting something in return?. We need to take the money out of politics.

You're right about not everybody being able or even wanting to be rich.. And you're right about shelters being available to everybody of course. Good points both.

Edited by Dutch01

Art, in a capitalist democracy, at least in theory, we are all supposed to have an equal opportunity to succeed. Whether you choose to use or squander that opportunity id's an individual choice. When people use money to buy politicians, and then have politicians pass laws to help them make money at the expense of other people, that is corruption, plain and simple. For example, when multi-billion dollar multi-nat drug companies donate to political war chests - do you think they're not getting something in return?. We need to take the money out of politics.

You're right about not everybody being able or even wanting to be rich.. And you're right about shelters being available to everybody of course. Good points both.

Kinda' like when Teachers Unions donate to the Liberal Party of Ontario and then get a coincidentally similar amount of funding for labour negotiations back from the Liberal Government? Kinda' like that???
Edited by Canuck

LOL Cancuk, and I know more than a handful of those MD's ! So if I chose to partake I'd be good. I'd rather them than some of Jen's that chewed on ice chips all day to hide the uppers that kept them going 18 hours a day.

What do you call a guy that almost flunked out of medical school?

|

|

|

|

Doctor.

Edited by Canuck

Things to do today:

Take money out of politics

capture unicorn

Have lunch with Santa

Art

And that doesn't bother you at all? I find it a little disconcerting that you're OK with that. But then think that a proper dose of good old fashioned elbow grease is going to get someone into the top tiers of society.

And as for hiding money, when people are living pay-cheque to pay-cheque, there isn't a whole lot of wealth to hide anywhere, now is there? When you have to hide your money out in the open just to make sure you can retire some day, there isn't really millions of dollars left to send to that Caymans. But of course, it's only fair that those people should be able to take advantage of loopholes while everyone below them plays by the rules.

And that doesn't bother you at all? I find it a little disconcerting that you're OK with that. But then think that a proper dose of good old fashioned elbow grease is going to get someone into the top tiers of society.

And as for hiding money, when people are living pay-cheque to pay-cheque, there isn't a whole lot of wealth to hide anywhere, now is there? When you have to hide your money out in the open just to make sure you can retire some day, there isn't really millions of dollars left to send to that Caymans. But of course, it's only fair that those people should be able to take advantage of loopholes while everyone below them plays by the rules.

I wish we could "upvote" comments on this site!

i dont really want to see pot taxed and sold in stores, there would be too much administration and bureaucratic effort, it would also put it under government control like everything else we complain about. Just make it legal (or decriminalize) to grow it at home. That would give it back to the people and gangs would have much less power/money.

i dont really want to see pot taxed and sold in stores, there would be too much administration and bureaucratic effort, it would also put it under government control like everything else we complain about. Just make it legal (or decriminalize) to grow it at home. That would give it back to the people and gangs would have much less power/money.

there is no controlling "the peoples plant"

She'll just bite you in the rear every time. :)

Things to do today:

Take money out of politics

capture unicorn

Have lunch with Santa

Art

Well I can help you out with the last one.

Santa Claus is on North Pole Alaska's city council.

Give him a ring I'm sure he will oblige!!! :whistling:

http://www.adn.com/article/20151014/santa-claus-elected-north-pole-city-council

All of the states that have legalized it allow a certain amount to be grown @ home for personal use.

Having it sold in dispensaries like booze will allow those that don't have the time or ability to grow their own to have access.

No different than brewing your own beer or wine.

Have to strongly agree with netminder(took the words right outta my mouth).

I think "burning" one with the PM woukd be great!

It would be nice to see leaders act less politically correct all the time and show they are indeed human

Society is too busy being offended by everything nowadays

If being offended the PM of our country "burns joints" is politically correct, then for the first time in my life, I'd be politically correct. I don't want a pothead as our representation on the world stage. I'm glad you folks have the representation you want. My experience with drug users from pot to meth, and there's been a few.. is that I don't want them anywhere near me, much less representing me globally. Your mileage may vary.

FYI, Facebook link don't work, so no idea what that was about.

Edited by porkpie

If being offended the PM of our country "burns joints" is politically correct, then for the first time in my life, I'd be politically correct. I don't want a pothead as our representation on the world stage. I'm glad you folks have the representation you want. My experience with drug users from pot to meth, and there's been a few.. is that I don't want them anywhere near me, much less representing me globally. Your mileage may vary.

FYI, Facebook link don't work, so no idea what that was about.

It wasnt face book. :)

Try this one it may help with what I meant.

http://www.cfweradio.ca/on-air/blogs/dustin-mcgladrey-351668/entry/283/

watch the interview. It will answer your question that this would indeed, not happen! :)

and its funny that he laughs it off.

Edited by GbayGiant

First link comes up with a Facebook symbol and linky no worky.

As for the second one, I'm not too reassured. I'm sure he can hold back enough to not hit the bong on parliament hill, but people don't "try" pot in their late 30's. They either do it regularly, or are casual recreational (ie: weekend) users at that age. Not what I had hoped for in a PM.