2015/2016 Hockey Thread

LostAnotherOne

Musky matt see if the Ottawa trainers can figure out how to get those toe picks off of Phaneuf's skates. Toronto trainers tried but they just couldn't find the solution. He seemed to toe pick at the worst time!

It's called the blue and white disease, or toe picking as you put it, and he's cured of that now lol

With this trade the Leafs now have $21 M to burn before hitting the cap.

And by getting rid of Dion and Phil's contracts have $85 M available over the terms of those 2 contracts.

That's a lot of available $$$$$ to spend on any free agents that may come up on July 1st. :whistling:

What happened to rebuilding??? All of a sudden you want them to spend on the same crap that got them where they are now?

Delusional laffites at it again

:rofl2::rofl2::w00t::w00t:

What happened to rebuilding??? All of a sudden you want them to spend on the same crap that got them where they are now?

Delusional laffites at it again

:rofl2::rofl2::w00t::w00t:

They didn't get where they are by signing free agents. It was from tading draft picks and young talent for players of questional benefit. Rask plus the six draft choices they gave up for Toskalo, Kessel, and Raycroft would be nice to have right now.

Signing a UFA for a reasonable contract isn't going to derail the rebuild.

Edited by JohnBacon

The Leafs will purge even more players. Count on it. They want lots of draft picks and a huge surplus in the salary cap. Once all the pieces are in place they will go after players to complete the puzzle to become a serious contender. I'll give it 2 years. That's how winning teams are made. They are on the right track. They're not ready for Stamkos yet. That would just be a waste of money and future picks. Grit your teeth Leaf fans and wait.

muddler

Agreed, for what stamkos brings, without the surrounding cast is a moot point and a hindrance to the salary cap when you can develop from within and get good young guys that are producing, at a cheaper rate and potentially lock them up long term at a good rate, like john klingberg in Dallas, they got a deal there, 22 years old 7 year 29.5 million dollar deal, 4.25 AAV that is a steal

ya, hows that person doing lately from Tampa Bay?

Last two seasons actually.

43 goals?

i hope they dont sign stamkos either...but you cant diss the guy lol

but stamkos isnt coming to toronto, the whole point of opening all of that money up is that gardiner, kadri, rielly all need to be signed within the next couple of years.

Leo isnt going to be the next captain, rielly is, everyone knows that already.

Edited by AKRISONER

If you can sign Steven Stamkos you sign sign Steven Stamkos. #1 centres do not grow on trees and if you can sign one of the best goal scorers in the league you sign him. He's not going to right the ship himself but it's a damn good start. And we are talking about a free agent signing and not giving up picks in a trade.

You're telling me if Toews, Kane, Ovi, Malkin, Tavares, Seguin, Benn, or Crosby were available as a UFA you wouldn't want to sign him because your team is "not ready" and is in a rebuild?

There is no Conner McDavid in this coming draft or the next (at this point)... remember Nail Yakopov was highly praised and a #1 pick as well. No guarantees Austin Mathews will ever become even an elite player.

Only player on the Leafs now that should be signed and get his money is Reilly. Everyone else is expendable. I'll take Stammer at 11mill rather than Kadri at 5mill (which he will be asking for).

That being said.... can't understand why he would want to come to a team that is in a full rebuild when he is in the prime of his career. Regardless it will be very interesting if he doesn't sign with Tampa by the deadline........ As a die hard Leafs fan... I would take him in a heartbeat.

Edited by BassMan11

guys guys guys...please pleaseeeeeee do not group me in with the kadri fans. I absolutely despise him.

In what world could you be a fan of a guy who dives, crys and gives up on plays after he gets hit or gets the puck taken away. He IMO is exactly whats wrong with Canadian Hockey. You have a bunch of pretty boy d bags trying to toe drag instead of going into the corners, playing body and putting the puck in the net.

Ive been praying for his failure all year so that he can go and ask for a bunch of money and they simply take him to arbitration and he ends up getting 2 million a year cause his stats suck.

I'd rather they just trade Kadri away. Rebuild the entire culture not just the expensive pieces. Ship him to a team that will put up with his crap.

Kadri has always acted with poor sportsmanship and seems to think hes a 100 point per year type of player.

I wouldnt want him as a teammate

I think Lupuls injuries have just caught up to him. Its too bad if thats the case because the talent and attitude are there to be a really good player

I would say its a stretch for Leo to be the C, he is loved and admired by all (including myself) but I find him a longshot to be the guy who has to answer the questions at the end of the night, lupuls A was taken away and given to hunwick, so I doubt that, and rielly I think needs to be able to focus on his game before he moves into a leadership role. Naz no way, not a huge fan of his either.

IMO bozak or jvr are the options, maybe parentau or polak, polak I'm sure leads by example he's a very intense guy who shows up every day and never takes a second off