I had a boat stolen, rant/ vent included

chris.brock

The issue I have with knuckle dusting an idiot is they can come back on you anytime they choose in the future when you are not prepared for them if they know you are armed that second visit will not happen.

It,s sad when this has to happen. Here I go with back in the day thing here and sorry about that.

When you got caught doing something wrong, you got an ass whopp,n. Man to man,man to young man. I know first hand when I was a young man and did a stupid thing, I got smacked up the side of the head. Told my pop, and he smacked up twice as hard. No police . Just the parties envolved.To bad todays ways make it so easy for those that wish to take whats not theirs and get away with it.

We see the ignorance out there. You just want to smack that person up side the head, but today, you get charged and they laugh in your face. Call you the looser. Ya were the looser alright. We have lost our rights as honest people. Those that do the crime these days, do little time and get out after a vacation of food and board, and even get paid when they get out.

What pisses me of the most is,theres no lets get these people on the right trail ( yes I know I am repeating myself ). Lets get them off the need to steal to supply their habits. Lets show them there is more to doing crime. No, It,s here you go, your free again and heres your pay. See you soon Im sure.

Off track for sure but...I like the rest of you have all had things broken into and stolen. But if I measure that against the severity of the gun crimes in the US AND now Canada, I can honestly say I don't care. I'd donate the entire contents of all the thief's against me 10X if it would save the life of one innocent person from one of the THOUSANDS of murders and accidental deaths every year. I own guns and commit no crimes but am glad that neither of you or anyone else is allowed to carry. FishNAutographs, frankly speaking based on your profession I'm shocked that you would say that. You do realize that everyone else would get a gun too right? And that you can't be with all your loved ones 100% of the time to protect them? And that you would always be the fastest gun in the west? Maybe if you served in Detroit, Chicago or New Orleans, you wouldn't be so quick to hand out guns.

Chicago Times 2014:

"Chicago Police reported 390 murders through Dec. 20, while the Cook County medical examiner’s office reported 410 homicides, including 16 fatal police shootings, during the same period. There have been at least 10 additional homicides and one fatal police shooting since then."

Those 410 murder victims all had the right to bear arms. A lot of good it did them. And it doesn't appear that anyone is "thinking twice" about breaking and entering...instead, they armed up to the situation. People can pretend all they want that they're big and tough because they have guns; truth is, the criminals feel the exact same way so if it's a shoot out you want, you can have it. Ridiculous.

The idea of modelling our laws to mirror the US and then expect to not suffer with the same level of crime which is rampant in US cities is nothing short of asinine.

Here's how US cities as compared to entire countries on gun murders

• If it were a country, New Orleans (with a rate 62.1 gun murders per 100,000 people) would rank second in the world.
  • Detroit's gun homicide rate (35.9) is just a bit less than El Salvador (39.9).
  • Baltimore's rate (29.7) is not too far off that of Guatemala (34.8).
  • Gun murder in Newark (25.4) and Miami (23.7) is comparable to Colombia (27.1).
  • Washington D.C. (19) has a higher rate of gun homicide than Brazil (18.1).
  • Atlanta's rate (17.2) is about the same as South Africa (17).
  • Cleveland (17.4) has a higher rate than the Dominican Republic (16.3).
  • Gun murder in Buffalo (16.5) is similar to Panama (16.2).
  • Houston's rate (12.9) is slightly higher than Ecuador's (12.7).
  • Gun homicide in Chicago (11.6) is similar to Guyana (11.5).
  • Phoenix's rate (10.6) is slightly higher than Mexico (10).
  • Los Angeles (9.2) is comparable to the Philippines (8.9).
  • Boston rate (6.2) is higher than Nicaragua (5.9).
  • New York, where gun murders have declined to just four per 100,000, is still higher than Argentina (3).
  • Even the cities with the lowest homicide rates by American standards, like San Jose and Austin, compare to Albania and Cambodia respectively.

Be careful what you wish for people.

I don't know if it was a civil suit or the crown Old Iron. A civil suit makes more sense but I will ask him.

I thought about it. I don't keep a gun and ammo easily accessible. The risks outweighed the benefits.

Oh yeah, there is a way to legally carry a restricted weapon (handgun) in the bush here in Ontario. There's some hoops to jump through though. I'm not going to post the "how to" here.

I'd like a handgun for animal protection while walking in the bush only. My long gun is too long and my knife is too short. I don't know anyone who has ever been in a situation with another human where a gun was actually needed to solve it. If all of a sudden everyone in Canada was allowed to carry it would be absolute chaos hahaha (although actually not funny)

good idea closing that sled trail Chris. That's the first thing I'd do. Also consider fencing and other techniques like ink bombs or spy cameras or baiting them with worthless but shiny equipment or kerping a tiger (they'd probably steal that too). Google spy cameras, they have some amazing pieces available now.

One's level of paranoia certainly will dictate what one will do as well. Just look to our south to see how well that's working.

If I lived in a place where I felt that I would be have any real likelihood of "having to protect myself", I would move. Simple as that.

Sorry for the highjack OP.

HH

My thoughts entirely!! The situation in the US is one big mess, that's for sure!!

I wasn't the guy who figured out how to legally carry a handgun in the bush. I give credit to Chad /\ /\ /\.

He told me how to do it, just wanted to give him the credit. Direct your PMs to Chad :)

edit- seriously, Chad knew this and told me

Edited by chris.brock

Its really sad that your boat got ripped off. Ive ben lucky( knock on wood) thay ive never had anything serious stolen.

Im pro guns, and support all legal gun owners rights no matter what they are, but I personally have no need to carry one for protection.

If there ever was a lobby for that, I would support it 100%, but I feel no need for it at all.

I'll keep an eye out for your boat, Chris. Do you have any pics of it?

S.

This thread has taken a big turn. I can only comment on what have seen personally. A few years ago I;m fishing in NY with some family that live there. My cousin that is 28 is getting into the van to go to town and get some minnows. as he is getting in to the van I see he has a small handgun on his belt under his shirt. what the hell is that thing for Tony? I have a conceal permit, For what I ask and he says because his job entails carrying cash on him. He delivers freaking Pizza's for God sakes. You need to carry a gun to buy minnows? This kid drinks too much, smokes too much and has small man syndrome. I always thought NY was the toughest place to get a gun permit let alone conceal. Maybe he didn't have a permit, I believe someone when they tell me something usually. But no way this kid should carry a gun,, legal or not. I did move from Hamilton when gunfire became a thing you heard weekly 15 years ago downtown behind city hall. The only gun deaths in my county in 15 years is 2 and both were hunting related accidents.

Last year I think it was a young woman's car broke down and her cell phone didn't work. She went onto the porch and knocked on the door. She was met by an elderly man that shot her dead. Philly I think. No way I want it any different than it is now where I live.

This debate can go on forever. If I need a gun to go out I move or as I do in Florida I don't go out after dark much anymore there, sad really, the streets change once the sun goes down there and everyone I know there has a gun, young and old.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Chris simply wanted some help to find his property and to get some reassurance to calm his nerves, I don't think the use of firearms was the purpose of his thread, if someone wants to bring up a thread of firearms please do so, FishNAutographs tried to help, if I remember someone was not agreeing with a recent political thread but under the right pretext look where it went and how much has been learned

BILL M thank you for the posting , to think that the two people who were shot and killed this morning in the US of A could in ones wildest imagination be tied in to Chris losing his boat is preposterous. Chris would not want this I am sure, some people get too loose with their finger tips,

Thanks Shawn (Fishindevil), Shane and Entrophy for keeping an eye out.

I found my bill of sale from BPS but there's no VIN # on it.

The seat is the same but mounted a little different now. The board extends the whole way along the bench.

Don't write me a ticket for drinkin' in the boat FishnNautographs :)

tracker_zpsapxg1tmr.jpg