The MNRF is hiring 15 conservation officers

Joeytier

its a stupid long shot, but im Sr. Compliance officer in the recycling industry enforcing Ontario environmental regulation...no harm in applying!

This is like the dream job to end all dream jobs.

Your a what?

To old and to late for this guy.

Your a what?

To old and to late for this guy.

The Ontario Waste Diversion Act was implemented in 2002 which outlined responsibilities for corporations that generate packaging and hazardous waste. Since that point Manitoba, SK, and BC have all implemented similar regulations.

Little known to most people, your municipalities recycling and hazardous material collection programs are paid for by the companies that generate the products and packaging.

I.e. Coca cola pays for the cost to recycle one of their cans.

My job is to enforce this law...i investigate, enforce and Audit the companies and ensure that they meet the requirements of these regulations on a National Scale. This includes the generation of legal documents and serving notices to companies of their failure to comply...

I also like to fish and be outdoors a little bit :whistling:

Edited by AKRISONER

The Ontario Waste Diversion Act was implemented in 2002 which outlined responsibilities for corporations that generate packaging and hazardous waste. Since that point Manitoba, SK, and BC have all implemented similar regulations.

Little known to most people, your municipalities recycling and hazardous material collection programs are paid for by the companies that generate the products and packaging.

I.e. Coca cola pays for the cost to recycle one of their cans.

My job is to enforce this law...i investigate, enforce and Audit the companies and ensure that they meet the requirements of these regulations on a National Scale. This includes the generation of legal documents and serving notices to companies of their failure to comply...

I also like to fish and be outdoors a little bit :whistling:

Well, thats a job and a half. Thanks for explaining that.

Whats MNR pay COs anyhow?

Seems like a might dangerous job.

No way would I want to confront a group od illegal hunters armed to the teeth out in the middle of nowhere

$1,300 to $1,450 per week as per the link. Probably not too dangerous. It may be similar to police work which is statistically safer than many factory/manufacturing jobs.

That pay would also include a pension and benefits would it not?

And I don't know how 1300-1450 a week is crappie haha, I clear 900 on 40 hours and I can live comfortably as a 25 year old with a paid off house and renters, when I get my ticket I'll be in that bracket and I'd be pretty pleased with that per week, but that's just me

That pay would also include a pension and benefits would it not?

And I don't know how 1300-1450 a week is crappie haha, I clear 900 on 40 hours and I can live comfortably as a 25 year old with a paid off house and renters, when I get my ticket I'll be in that bracket and I'd be pretty pleased with that per week, but that's just me

I have 20 kids???

And i was joking, its not bad pay but net is only gonna be like $1000.

good on you for being a young guy and having your house payed off???

Stastically millions work factory jobs and I think Ontario has like 12 Cos??? Hahaha

That is factored in to the stats. In terms of deaths per man/hour, police work is not a particularilly dangerous job.

There are too few COs to compile meaningful stats. But, I figured that COPs are the closest thing that I could compare them too.

even if its a pay cut, living is cheaper up north in comparison to the GTA or my scenario down town Toronto. Plus you spend your days cruising the wilderness for poachers...any job where i get to be outside like that would be worth while, plus im capable of pushing paper if need be.

Full pension is also a big deal, not too many jobs left offering that.

Edited by AKRISONER

Whats MNR pay COs anyhow?

Seems like a might dangerous job.

No way would I want to confront a group od illegal hunters armed to the teeth out in the middle of nowhere

That reminds me of the CO that was (he's retired now) in the Matachewan area. He was a real ball buster, that got himself tied to a tree, out in the bush and left there by a group of American hunters. The story goes that he was there for 2 days before he was found by the cops.

I know a story is a story; but I had a run in with this CO and like I said a real ball buster, on a power trip and I can believe how it could have happened.

Dan.

even if its a pay cut, living is cheaper up north in comparison to the GTA or my scenario down town Toronto. Plus you spend your days cruising the wilderness for poachers...any job where i get to be outside like that would be worth while, plus im capable of pushing paper if need be.

Full pension is also a big deal, not too many jobs left offering that.

You could never work outdoors up north...everybody knows you Torontonians don't know how to drive in winter

yes, gotta say i'm kidding..just in case

You could never work outdoors up north...everybody knows you Torontonians don't know how to drive in winter

yes, gotta say i'm kidding..just in case

Good thing Im originally from Flin Flon Manitoba....keep travelling north, youll get there eventually :)

Those southerners from Dryden dont know what winter is.

Edited by AKRISONER