Nice chinook tonight

Fisherpete

Snuck out solo for the evening bite after work, was not disappointed. Started out with a high teen, then just before packing up landed this beauty 39" in the dark. I caught a 39" last year that went 26.8 lbs... this fish was likely in the same ballpark. Just might have made the derby leaderboard this week... maybe I should have bought a derby ticket! Ah well, was a blast and she swam away to get even bigger. These were also the first two fish I have caught on my new mooching setup (Amundson TMX4/Rapala 10'6") - which is just amazing. So much fun fighting them like this. Seems like every time I get a decent chinook I am fishing solo and get lousy self pics!

DSCF2011%202_zpshe0pysb1.jpg

DSCF2012%202_zpsy5n5khql.jpg

Thanks all. Gotta love the Lake O fishery, 10 minutes from my house to the launch. Even a couple bites per outing is a ton of fun. And is the fishing ever easy compared to the muskie grind!!!

And nope B - kept my knuckles a mile away when she peeled off line! The nice thing about the Amundson is that it has an amazing drag system, can even set it so precisely as to load the rod as the cannonball drops, but not pop the line from the rigger clip!

Pete

And nope B - kept my knuckles a mile away when she peeled off line! The nice thing about the Amundson is that it has an amazing drag system, can even set it so precisely as to load the rod as the cannonball drops, but not pop the line from the rigger clip!

Pete

You have a drag? What a drag. Cheater. LOL

I would love to try the pin (with no drag ) on a salmon out on the open pond. I,ll bet it,s a whole different world then these lazy lakers up here. :lol:

Haha yes Will I do - it was a last minute trip. My buddy texted me from the lake to get my butt down there - it was a sheet of glass. I'll keep you on speed dial for the next trip!

No worries Pete, by the time I get home from work you've probably boated a couple. Weekends are another story. ;)