Who wants to guess

Dara

what happened to my motor

Wind was calm last night so I went fishing with the wife.

A few miles down the lake, tried the first spot, nothing, move to the next.

Just getting up on plane and a heckofaracketgrinding noise and the motor shuts down

2010 60hp yamaha

Take it out of gear...turn the key, starter wants to turn but won't.

Tilt up, nothing there...was in 40 plus feet of water.

Electric trolling motor back, luckily a marina was close by to pull into and get a ride to my truck and trailer.

Out of the water and turn the prop in neutral..spins fine...put it in gear and try to turn it and it will not budge at all..stuck right tight, can't even fight motor compression.

Its at the dealer now...lets see what the verdict is

edited to say, yeah, smart ass remarks are welcome except i am on vacation Aug 1st for a week and I need a motor working one way or the other

Edited by Dara

Time to borrow a buddies boat; nothing in or for marine gets fixed in a week.

Sorry to hear about your luck; but bad luck always seems to happen at the worst of times.

Hope they get it sorted for you.

Dan.

Dara, 2 cycle or 4? Any particular smell ? Did you pull the cover and see any discoloration? I am thinking piston seized. As it took a while to shut down. If something broke catastrophically it would have been much quicker to stop.

I hope all works out for you.

Regards

It actually stopped pretty quick Dave. I did take the cover off but it all looks brand new in there.

It had oil and bottom end lube...I do that stuff myself and checked it after and fluids were good

Its a 4 stroke fuel injected.

Dealer said they were busy today but would be looking at it Monday latest...one of the good things about living in a lightly populated area.

I'm now remembering that it had a little tick when on high idle...something I meant to get looked at but the dealer is 1 1/2 hours away so it kinda got ignored.

I'm starting to think I broke a valve

Or, Gremlins

I don't know what is definitely is but I can feel your pain. It could only happen a week before vacation. I was ready to sell or give away my boat this morning when we pull up to the ramp and my motor won't tilt. Only a bad battery so I count my lucky charms. I t could be worse my friend. As someone once told me "at least you have a boat to fix".

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Time to borrow a buddies boat; nothing in or for marine gets fixed in a week.

Sorry to hear about your luck; but bad luck always seems to happen at the worst of times.

Hope they get it sorted for you.

Dan.

Good idea Dan but I wanted to go in mine because it had Storage for 6 rods

I don't know what is definitely is but I can feel your pain. It could only happen a week before vacation. I was ready to sell or give away my boat this morning when we pull up to the ramp and my motor won't tilt. Only a bad battery so I count my lucky charms. I t could be worse my friend. As someone once told me "at least you have a boat to fix".

Thanks Ironmaker...I'm joking it off but dayum

Time to go outboard motor shopping......maybe this time try a E-Tech.......you will be surprised how quite they run and better power, gas mileage and no smoke whatsoever.

Good Luck with the old one and maybe I'm wrong and it will be something that's not expensive and a quick fix.

Some days you're the windshield...today seems to be my day.

Blew a drive shaft bearing..hundren bucks in parts, hundred bucks in labour...back on the water by Wed evening

man o man am I one happy camper

Thanks for all the hopes and condolences