Lets see your rides. NF

DanD

I can't post pics which I have but I've owned a 65 Ford Galaxy 500 in 1970 a 69 Firebird in '72, got married and bought a 1976 Pontiac Ventura. A 1983 Ford LTD brougham, then a 1989 mini van and 1995 Jeep grand.

back to a Jeep Compass in 2010. We did have a 55 Chevy 2-door which we played with in my dad's driveway util he said "get rid of it" that was a mistake :)

393050_14606544_1987_Buick_Grand%2BNatio

GM's first real attempt in the 80's to put a reasonably priced muscle car out there for the working man.

They went like stink compared to the other smoggers out there, during the big emissions crunch.

Nice car.

Dan.

Shopped for one of these for years in the 90s.never lined up with the right car/deal. Just saw an 87 GNX with 10.5 miles go for $96,000 on eBay last week

This is not mine, But back when I was 16, I owned one.440 model. It was the yellow one. The things that make you wish you hung on to it.

I have seen a few,but the dollar figure is way out of my range.

1200px-Dodge_Coronet_500_Coupe_(Orange_J

B we all made mistakes, I konw what tou mean, had many happy rides Ina few but not mine.

A great friend of mine bought a 1972 Nova 327 2-door. We worked at Richmond and John CityTV corner . . .

Working midnights we would drive down Spadina onto the Gardner at 4 am And then drag to Bathurst, get off and back to work. What a noise this made :)

We all did it!

A great NF thread, keep them coming folks. If only I could post pics easily I have a few to show. I can't even cut and paste on OFC any longer. Same goes for quote feature. Same thing on 2 different PC's.

My previous everyday driver was an 89' GMC Sierra, step side short box before I bought my 2011 Silverado which was my first ever brand new vehicle. The Hyundai Excel we got for my ex doesn't count. $7200,00 out of the showroom, all in. Someone spent a lot of money on the engine before rust got to her, the GMC not the ex. Someone made up a dual exhaust for it and she had that old V8 growl you can't get anymore. I never washed it once in the 4 years I had it. I was going to give it a makeover. The 10K I was quoted wasn't in the budget.

Wayne there's nothing wrong with MOPAR power.

Chevys are cheap to build up, compared to Chryslers; but a well built Chyco will be on the track, running flat out twice as long.Your video is down; it would be great to see the car fire up?

Dan.

Edited by DanD

The visor is an original GM accessory; that was sold and installed at the dealer level. Yea I think it gives the car a bit of an attitude look.

The Mexicans that work the fields on the way down to my trailer, love the car. Going through Delhi, I always get a bunch of thumbs up from them. LOL

This 86 Corvette was one of my customer's cars; that I had worked on it for at least 20 years. The lady that owned it (Original owner) came into the shop one day, about 6 or 7 years ago and asked if I wanted to buy it? She told me a crazy low price; but it came with a condition. I was not to sell it until she passes away; she didn't want to see the car go too someone that would destroy it. Her reason for selling it was that at 72 she couldn't get in or out of the car very easily.

I kept true to my word; but I did give the car to my daughter, as a law school grad gift. Michelle had her first ride in the car when she was 7 years old. The owner had seen Michelle checking out the Vette and offered to take her around the block in it. Michelle was hooked and fell in love with it; so it was only fitting for her to have it. I keep telling her, she has to stop polishing it; she going to rub the paint off it.

Copy of VETTE 001.jpg

Forgot to mention Dan, but a friend of mine is also into old cars and rebuilt a 50 Chevy basically the same as yours including the color. He even went so far as to find the tail lights with the blue center dot. He kept the stock engine though, just rebuilt it.

Back when I was about 14 or 15 my buds older brother souped up a 47 Ford and put in a big motor, although I don't know what it was.

It had a 3 speed column shift and to be "fancy" he put a chrome ball on the end of the shifter. He took the pair of us out one day to show us how fast the car was. Took off from a light screaming in 1st gear, then when he slammed it up into 2nd the chrome ball flew off and busted his windshield.

Not sure what made him madder, whether it was him busting the windshield or us kids in the back seat laughing our fool heads off :lol:

While I'm at it; I may aswell post my son's 87 Mazda RX7/LS1. Yea we put a 340hp Corvette engine and and 6 speed manual in it. That wasn't enough for him, so he pulled the 5.7 heads off; ported & polished a set of 6lt heads and install a monster of a camshaft. The last time we dynoed the car there was 485hp at the wheels.

ANDY Burnout.JPG

Yea my daughter in law is another car nut. LOL

Dan.

impossible to answer without giving some criteria.

for sports car, without a 100k+ price tag, i'd take a c7 vette but it don't tow very well. ;)

for suv, that's easy -- new grand cherokee diesel with all the fixins. but my last 3 vehicles were Jeeps so consider the source.

for a truck, propably the ram diesel.

a tesla would be pretty sweet too!

Edited by Raf

2016 Camaro with the ZL1 580hp supercharged engine and that's for two reasons. The power of course and the fact that my son designed, built and sold the contract to supply GM the engine mounts that are used on these Camaros and the Corvettes. He's an automotive engineer and works for Cooper Standard in their resource and development division and it's them (CS) that are making all the money from the mounts. Andy just takes his paycheque home; but it's a good sized one. LOL

I know that an engine mount doesn't sound like much; but these are liquid filled and computer controlled for the firmness of the mount and infinite adjustability.

I know shut up; but I'm a proud dad with both kids getting too their goals and still going.

Dan.

Edited by DanD