Stalking the shallows with the Old Man

Steve

Mid last week Dad asked if there would be any fishing this weekend? Saturday morning was the time he had available. Launched and found water temps between 42-43 degrees, less than 6 degrees colder than last weekend...but the conditions were what we had...so we went at it! Setup a four rod spread...typical spread for me in the shallows. 2 long lines out the back and 2 lines off the inlines. This time we kept the leads even shorter, only 65' behind the boat and 55' behind the boards....this allowed us to come in even tighter and focus on the shallow shorelines where I knew the fish would be.

Many boats were working 15' to 20' of water....but we kept to a spread that would allow us to work water as shallow as 5'. Like last week, we found many trout, both browns, and lakers, in tight. I kept dad very busy, taking approx 12 or 13 trout on our stick baits.....found a couple of screaming silver trouts as well. bonus! We didn't get on the water for sunrise....but we were fishing by 6:30am. The first fish took all of two minutes and a long line with a spinning rod bent over.

QXztemiN.jpg

V8ICTCP8.jpg

the next one came right after the first.

tStxBqAV.jpg

Lakers were next up in the schedule....a number were caught while looking for some more browns. They were hitting all the lines. Dad was patient, just relaxing while reeling them in. He just seemed happy to be on the water.

Q7eSyHDp.jpg

BaAXC0XH.jpg

n2831fNC.jpg

We were sorting through some trout while the inline rod was smashed. Either this was a brown on speed, or ..... well ..... a silver shark joined our shark mission.

vDMbFOmm.jpg

The morning was quickly ending, 11am was fast approaching. We did a final turn and an inside long line was smashed on the turn. Fat Brown!!

C0uZ1N1L.jpg

The morning was ending on a perfect note. I couldn't be happier with the results, and the time on the water spent with dad.

I had sped up to make our way to port a little quicker while we were cleaning up the boat...you know, doing everything possible without actually taking the rods out of the water...

And you know the drill.....

An inline rod just started screaming....at 11am? A lost and confused King clearly.

She started jumping way off the back corner of the boat and looked like a silver marlin! Tons of length on this girl. She was a bullet out there....thankfully this gave us an excuse to clear the rest of the spread and I just enjoyed my best fight of the year.

A great spring King!

FQHJy94g.jpg

1MciMkJV.jpg

Can't wait for that,"when you putting a ring on my daughters finger" lol.Been there . :lol:

Haha one day, going to be doing some reno's soon and asked for his help in teaching me how to tile at my house and while it wasn't to me it was tongue in cheek to my gf saying why should I help him he's not officially a part of the family yet!