Ice out watch! Post your updates here.

ccmtcanada

Wow all these replies and the BOQ not mentioned once. Seeing as I live 2.5 hrs away, any updates on Big Bay ?

appreciated.

Can't help you first hand but the satellite image from yesterday is showing Big Bay ice covered for the most part. The rest of the BOQ looks pretty much open but can't say for sure.

http://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.php?region=o&page=1&template=sub&image=a1.15102.1732.LakeOntario.143.250m.jpg

This rain and wind tonight and the high temperatures the last two days have really done a number on Sturgeon lake but there is still plenty of ice in Goose Bay area. There is a lot of ice on the West shore and if the wind does decide to push it this way before it really softens up, it could make a mess. I'm not even going to TRY to do anything with my docks until for another two weeks yet. I have never seen it break up like this in 14 years!

Nice

I was looking good at little lake from the highway this morning and it looked open. I'm thinking about going for a kayak later this week. Do you think I will be able to get in and out from shore with no problems?

was in Pointe Au baril over the weekend, things still very locked up around there with 2 feet of solid ice, some cracks forming though, this warm weather should start to break things up a bit more. I was out on the ice though this weekend doing some work and it was solid. I have a feeling I will be dodging bergs on opener.

The small channels with current are open, but anywhere in the main area is very very solid still.

The mild weather sure has done a number on southern Ontario! Looks like Simcoe will be pretty much clear after a few more warm days and some wind! Scugog and Rice look clear. Kawarthas are well on their way too.

Now...what's scaring me are the threads about water levels!!!

65B19D05-B989-4459-B991-6E6AB2B75D38_zps

I did a quick drive by Little Lake Barrie today, and I didn't see a spec of ice!

I'll be getting out for a rip in the Kayak at some point this week!

I just don't know if it's worth bringing my Crappie gear. I've actually never fished for them in the spring.

Nice

I was looking good at little lake from the highway this morning and it looked open. I'm thinking about going for a kayak later this week. Do you think I will be able to get in and out from shore with no problems?

If you let me know when you are going I'll join you. I've been itching to get out.