lodge fined

ecmilley

Original article was January 2014 but oddly this appeared elsewhere on a newsfeed today as well.

I remember seeing Herbeck on several fishing TV shows over the years... A seasoned muskie angler, guide and lodge owner he has been promoted as such quite often.

Oddly, these many, many offences had little to no online press over the past year while one muskie killer from Windsor has been continually "clubbed" everywhere for his wrong doings.

Thanks for posting this up. Eagle Lake has been on the radar for some years and there's one lodge now that won't be getting any consideration.

Although this story is over a year old,I'm happy to see it brought up again.

Herbeck apparently "sold" the lodge to a local couple since but stayed on as a guide.

I just looked at Andy Meyer's lodge website & facebook page and Steve Herbeck is featured on both.

The arrogance of this man sickens me.A non-resident who become a "famous expert" while abusing Canadian resources.

Imo he shouldn't be allowed to be in our country.

I think the fact that the current owners are still involved with this man speaks volumes.

Good read Lew !!!! He denies everything ...... Lock him up !!!! The fines were not enough ..... And he will still do and to him the measly fine is probly worth the risk of being caught !!!!!! The MNR was and is way to soft so is the court!!!! Rant over .......

Most all members here are all very passionate when it comes being an outdoors man or woman and are very protective of our fishery and natural resources. Having said that in the grand scheme of things most of the non-sportsman average tax paying Joe Ontario does not see something like what transpired 2 years ago or 2 hours ago as relevant to their lives. I was told today when discussing this exact topic by my neighbour who is in her 80's that she believes all the taxes spent in relationship to hunting and fishing is a complete waste of her contribution of taxes. It was an interesting talk we had.

Although this story is over a year old,I'm happy to see it brought up again.

The arrogance of this man sickens me.A non-resident who become a "famous expert" while abusing Canadian resources.

Imo he shouldn't be allowed to be in our country.

speaks volumes.

For that to happen, the OMNR has to make a request to the responsible federal agencies and get them involved. Not much grounds to keep him out of Canada until you have a criminal conviction or until he pisses off the Feds.

It really is old news.....that's why it's called "news" not "olds"......if someone just learns about something that happened a while back it's called "history" not "news".

Just like when a person says "you want to see a picture of me when I was younger".......all pictures of someone are when they were younger. Never seen a picture of someone when they were older....LOL

With regards to two lines being used for fishing, this was a technique which was used with 3 anglers whereby 2 live bait lines were being run out the back and 2 anglers were alternating casts upfront. This would ensure that at any given time there was not more than 3 lines in the water for the 3 anglers in the boat. I had discussed this technique while fishing with a lawyer friend and was reassured that if done with the right intent, it would be legal.

Lol. As if.

With regards to two lines being used for fishing, this was a technique which was used with 3 anglers whereby 2 live bait lines were being run out the back and 2 anglers were alternating casts upfront. This would ensure that at any given time there was not more than 3 lines in the water for the 3 anglers in the boat. I had discussed this technique while fishing with a lawyer friend and was reassured that if done with the right intent, it would be legal.

Lol. As if.

Maybe you should have discussed it with a judge friend, seems the judge did not agree. Seriously, just because something can be proven legal does it really make it ethical ? I keep thinking of the too many men on the ice penalty with this technique, eventually there will be a mistake.

Lol. As if.

Figures a lawyer would find a legal excuse for breaking the law.

He was just featured on an episode of "the next bite" filming a Muskie show. I was incredulous that someone would put him on tv a year after these convictions.

Believe me, not the first time. Two well known fishing celebrities with regular shows on TV were convicted of charges here in southern Ontario.

Seems fishermen have short memories.

I heard all the talk about 2 guys that had a fishing show out of Ontario as well as all the reasons one was dropped from the corporate banner and not the other. I had a conversation with an insider that changed my perception of the " FACTS". There is always his story her story and the real story. Also neither were " convicted", there were pleas agreed to. There is a difference. Another example of " if I read it on the internet it has to be true".