Tales from the shack.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Took Jack down to the shack after school yesterday, no need to ask him twice, its one of his favourite hang outs these days. Got the shack prepared before we arrived as it takes a while to clear the ice and slush out of the shack after drilling holes, a long time for a kid to wait especially without the fire going (its too close to the holes to manoeuvre without getting burned while clearing the holes.) We also took supper with us, old style bangers which we cooked on the wood stove….YUM! In between fishes we tried out some experiments with ice and salt, Jack found this really fun!

We got a limit of small walleye and Jack landed all of them, including a nice pike!

He tells me he loves fishing and was asking "when can we go to Lac Seul again dad?"

Its gonna be a good summer me thinks!

GOT SOME NICE FISHES

IMG_9625.jpg

IMG_9626.jpg

DID SOME SCIENTIFIC EXPERIMENTS

IMG_9632.jpg

IMG_9633.jpg

GOT A NICE PIKE TOO

IMG_9628.jpg

IMG_9629.jpg

IMG_9630.jpg

Great report Simon. I was looking at some photos today of G when he was that age thinking, wow, they grow up fast. Its a great age. Cant wait to spend some time on the water with the young man again. Hey, are you heading down to Erieau this summer?

"The Fishin' With Jack Show."

I'm glad to see it's still on the air. What the heck are you feeding that child besides fresh fish? He is getting vertical quickly. My wife says with those eyes and his curly hair he is going to be a heartbreaker. I loved that the closer that Pike got to the hole the faster that jingle bell was ringing. I've never seen a fish latch onto a transducer wire. Mr. Pike wouldn't be too happy after I took a few bites out of him if he had of bit through the wire.

Refreshing, and he is getting better on the business end of a rod.

'

Enjoy these treasurable times.

JD

Great report Simon. I was looking at some photos today of G when he was that age thinking, wow, they grow up fast. Its a great age. Cant wait to spend some time on the water with the young man again. Hey, are you heading down to Erieau this summer?

Thanks for ALL the replies folks.

Hey Spin, we probably won't be, we kinda do every other year. This year my wife's dad who has the trailer at Erieau will be heading this way and then we should all be going to France. Hopefully will get to go on a short sea bass trip while we are there.

Brings back so many memories, from when my son was that age.

Thanks for sharing the story, pics and video Simon. :clapping:

Dan.

Cant believe he is gonna be 6 this weekend, they do grow quick, I always tease Jack that we aren't going to feed him anymore……"ooooooh Daaaad!" is the usual reply….lol.