Target Canada closing

mike rousseau

Just be aware that if you do buy anything from Target and it is defective even right out of the box too bad for you! A friend bought an item, got it home, found out when she opened the box that it was defective and took it right back. All she wanted was an exchange but the answer was no. She asked to speak to the manager and got the same answer. Too bad all sales are final!

Just be aware that if you do buy anything from Target and it is defective even right out of the box too bad for you! A friend bought an item, got it home, found out when she opened the box that it was defective and took it right back. All she wanted was an exchange but the answer was no. She asked to speak to the manager and got the same answer. Too bad all sales are final!

I find this very hard to believe.........................you have friends ? ? ? LOL :)

here is a FB post from my wifes aunt a week or so ago

"So, today Dean takes me to Target in Bowmanville to check out any deals now that they are advertising 25-40% off.

I see vanilla wafer cookies I bought there last time for 1.99, now at the bargain price of 3.49!

I pick up….well actually Dean puts in the cart a box of hockey cards with the $19.99 price already PRINTED on the item and some packs of hockey cards marked $1.99 .We get to the cash register and the items scan at 24.99 for the box of cards and 2.49 for the separate packs. When I point out the price on the box the girl says, “that price doesn’t count.. we have to go by our Corporate Price in the register”

I say, “Corporate Price? Oh you mean the price the liquidators came in and upped on everything in the store?, right???”

Poor girl says, “I’m sorry there’s nothing I can do, sorry”

My understanding is that's illegal in Ont. If there are 2 or more price stickers on an item the store is legally obliged to sell for the lowest unless the store can demonstrate that someone did label switching. There's a great opportunity here for someone who is motivated and has the time to .....I was going to say "look bad" but too late for that-----create a headache for Target.

here is a FB post from my wifes aunt a week or so ago

"So, today Dean takes me to Target in Bowmanville to check out any deals now that they are advertising 25-40% off.

I see vanilla wafer cookies I bought there last time for 1.99, now at the bargain price of 3.49!

I pick up….well actually Dean puts in the cart a box of hockey cards with the $19.99 price already PRINTED on the item and some packs of hockey cards marked $1.99 .We get to the cash register and the items scan at 24.99 for the box of cards and 2.49 for the separate packs. When I point out the price on the box the girl says, “that price doesn’t count.. we have to go by our Corporate Price in the register”

I say, “Corporate Price? Oh you mean the price the liquidators came in and upped on everything in the store?, right???”

Poor girl says, “I’m sorry there’s nothing I can do, sorry”

Target…YOU SUCK…you will NOT be missed…bye bye.

By the way for anyone wondering: Left without the cards…it’s ok Dean will be fine"

You aren't one of those guys that takes crap out on the people working the registers are you? That poor girl is losing her job and you've gotta kick her when she's down.

That's pretty classless.

Target is closing because nobody shopped there, now they have a bankrupcy sale and everybody flocks there to see what they can get for nothing and then complains when they don't get it....ooookie dooookie

Target Canada was a joke from day one! They opened stores with empty shelves and the stock they did have wasn't priced to sell. Staff weren't given decent hours and it's little wonder the customer service was poor from day one. They came to Canada with a big ass attitude and got handed their ass in a bag, serves them right.

My understanding is that's illegal in Ont. If there are 2 or more price stickers on an item the store is legally obliged to sell for the lowest unless the store can demonstrate that someone did label switching. There's a great opportunity here for someone who is motivated and has the time to .....I was going to say "look bad" but too late for that-----create a headache for Target.

I think you are correct; but I am not sure if there is much you can do about. If you made any kind of official complaint, they will already be gone before it gets resolved.

Apparently Target or the liquidator, is over pricing the stock so that you are actually paying regular price when you get the 30% off. someone at the Oshawa Target found a higher price sticker over top of the original price sticker, when brought up to the manager they were told to leave their purchases there and get out of the store.

Unfortunately, it sounds like it may all be deteriorating into a somewhat bitter parting of the ways, with both sides trying to get the most out of whatever remains. Target is trying to draw the most money it can from bargain-hunting customers, and these "customers" are going there in search of rock-bottom prices, many shopping there for the first time. Target is pulling out, so there is no relationship left to salvage at this point. Buyer beware. It seems unlikely that anybody is going to come out a winner.

Target corp has nothing to do with the liquidation which is being handled by another company. I did go to 2 different stores today looking for a particular item. What was most interesting was the difference in prices between the stores for the exact same product. An outdoor wicker chair was $69 at one and only $32 at the other. The store with more stock was cheaper for some reason so I'm wondering how many other things are priced that way. Lindt chocolate bunnies had a difference of $1.75!!!

You aren't one of those guys that takes crap out on the people working the registers are you? That poor girl is losing her job and you've gotta kick her when she's down.

That's pretty classless.

Please read the whole post before you try to insult me

Thanks

Who would of thought........but it is a tough crowd here.

A business comes into Canada for the first time and builds / leases building putting people to work. Once the doors open they put many more people to work. Now I realize most are part time positions but not all and even the part timers are grateful they now have that job.

Then for whatever reason they can't make money and MUST liquidate in Canada because they have stock holders to answer to just like any other business. And now so many are glad they closed and can't wait to kick them out of the country. With that attitude how many more companies do you think will take the gamble to set up shop in Canada ?

I was never a huge fan of Target and can probably count the times there on one hand but I don't wish them or their employees ill will. Target is a retail store, don't take it so personal.

It is too bad they pulled the plug here in Canada. I think they did poorly here because of consumer expectations based on the US stores. We were looking for top quality products at bargain basement prices and that just did not happen here. If you or someone you know is affected by the closing of Target, I wish you the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I have never stepped In a target store here or the US, did pitch their flyer business but we lost. :)

But what came out of this is a new 16GB iPad air 2 for $384.00 reg $546 at the Apple store.

My iPad 1 will be going up for sale as soon as I back it up and reset it to factory standards.

The only products I have interest in are their store fixtures.

Target's move into an oversaturated retail market was, and remains, a big mistake. The finance wizards were giving the warnings before the Christmas rush. Future Shop was also inevitable. There will be a few more retail chains that fall before the retail landscape balances out.