Your sleds!

Rod Caster

Woah there ......I thought I had logged into the hcs forums for a moment.... Most speedos are off by 8-12 mph. Mine with stock gears will Burry the needle on 120 mph in 2000 ft. Had it in radar a few times. Was always 112 mph. Now it's set up for shorter pulls but it sure gets to 90mph a hell of allot quicker. Sure surprises the hell out of allot of newer sleds.

My oldie but goodie

It's a 700 despite what the hood says , it's a pig on fuel and oil but will put a smile on your face when you crack the throttle.... The power band is like a lightswitch. On or off... Clutched and tuned for 660 ft pulls

SUNP0153.jpg

Had one just like that at one time. Crazy machine. No good for fishin though....

Also had a AC 440 sno pro....fun little sled.

And a 340 AC puma. That was a good reliable little fishin sled. I shoulda never sold it.

Now its the heel toe express for me and my one man clam. Very reliable, and cheap on gas LOL

S.

Here she is. Same as some others in the crowd in that it is pretty heavy to throw in the truck for an ice fishing sled, but always fun on the trails.

It's a 1999 Ski Doo, Mxz600

Plenty fast enough for me and handles quite well. Mechanically it has been a great sled. Sure miss the old 1986 Indy Trail 488 fanner for fishing though.

IMG00305-20120301-1122.jpg

Nov152008033.jpg

I love seeing all the sleds. i guess it's almost time.

Cheers

Craig

Edited by Sandbag

DanD... You didn't get that over by Bewdley did you?? I'm still looking for another one but the two I've found have been sold before I could get there.

Maintenance... mine seems to be pretty much bulletproof. Grease in the few zerks on the machine, a few sprays of lube here and there in / on the suspension metal and carry a spare belt. I've yet to even blow that! Starts every time.. even at -42 (but make sure you hand pull it first carefully at those temps)

No I found the sled up in Clinton; that's about an hour North of me.

Thanks for the advice; this is the first sled I've owned in 30 plus years. My last one was an early 70's Chaparral 440 SS; back then it was ride for an hour and then fix for two. LOL

Went tail riding the second last time I rode it; forgot I had a hot set of plugs in it on the last ride I took. Melted a hole through the one piston and that was the end for me and sleds; until now. LOL

Dan.

so I lost my man card today lol

today was our last day to move and again my old yammy was being bad

had a buddy come look at it, plugs were totally loose, like hand tighten loose. tightened them up, put in some premium and went for my first ride of the season:) needs new skis but she works like a charm(I think)

Im very happy. he looked over the carb said it was nice/clean. so lets hope that was the only issue

ill be running a few hours close to home before i take it ice fishing though, but overall man did that perk me up!

Did he just look at the carbs, or did he disassemble them and look at them on the inside? #1 way to burn down a 2 stroke is a lean condition. Like I said I do mine every November it takes me an hour or so but mine is jetted on the ragged edge. Not trying to harp. Just trying to save your motor. Honestly it he difficulty level of cleaning and tuning carbs is not much more than chasing the oil in your car.

Did he just look at the carbs, or did he disassemble them and look at them on the inside? #1 way to burn down a 2 stroke is a lean condition. Like I said I do mine every November it takes me an hour or so but mine is jetted on the ragged edge. Not trying to harp. Just trying to save your motor. Honestly it he difficulty level of cleaning and tuning carbs is not much more than chasing the oil in your car.

I was being vague. he took apart a bunch of things lol. I wish I could elaborate more but I was busy loading a uhaul lol. he had all his tools over and gaver about 2 hour look over clean dissesemble reassemble. when we fired it up it was night and day difference. but he did say that was a major issue. plugs were barely in

It's a 300 from the colour of the hood and the short seat, I think 80 or 81, the 79 300s had a white hood and the ET 340s were black, Excel 340 was burgundy

my brother had a 300, it's in one of my pictures on the first page

I think DanC had a 300,maybe he has a picture too

Edited by chris.brock

The seat, cargo rack and handlebars aren't stock. That cargo rack must be super handy though.

That's a good, simple, reliable old sled MB. Pretty crazy, that thing is almost 35 years old and still getting the job done.

yep, the father in law doctered it up pretty nice:)

-20 today she fired right up. shell see many trips to the pinewood river this year:)

This is my 2013 Skidoo Expedition sport with the 600ACE.

IMG_13641.jpg

Wish I got to use it more.....only 600 km on the thing in 2 years!! Only because I'm riding the work sled 6 days a week and the last thing I want to do on my day off is going snowmobiling!!

Here's the work sled. I absolutely love this thing.

2014 Skidoo Skandic SWT with the 600ACE.....154" long x 24" wide studded track.

IMG_13631.jpg

Ya, that's quite the machine.

Now go get your man card back by taking jumps!

lol. I wish. soon enough though. we only have like 2" of snow. I took a small ride last night but need more white stuff. took a cruz down the river and it looks like Im good to try this pinewood river. word is its packed with walleye but I guess well see. My new neighbour loves pike fishing and he says its insane for big pike at ice out right at the mouth, which is like 2 minute ride from our place. lets hope thats true!

Im pretty banged up from the move so Im hoping it snows all week while I recover. going up the stairs with a stand up freezer and I slipped. not good. got crushed pretty good. pinned back first on the stairs, smacked my shoulder pretty good and hit my cheekbone pretty hard but no break thankfully.

but once the back feels better yeah Ill hit some jumps at 50 lol