Your sleds!

Rod Caster

Drew, is the front end on your Bravo lifted? Looks like it sits quite high. Betcha she travels deep snow like a champ.

Manitoubass: Are those built-in cupholders in the dash???? If so, that might be the best thing I've ever seen on a sled.

Edited by Rod Caster

A bravo that doesn't start good... goes through more gas than it use to? Your primer plunger / check flapper isn't sealing off and engine is sucking fuel through it while running richening the mix.. and the primer doesn't do squat when you pump it to try and start.

Drew, is the front end on your Bravo lifted? Looks like it sits quite high. Betcha she travels deep snow like a champ.

Just the angle methinks. Does real well in the deep though. The 5" wide ski skins were the best extra to ever put on that sled. Only been good and stuck once... ever! Chris will remember. lol

41_zps1bfefe49.jpg

Just the angle methinks. Does real well in the deep though. The 5" wide ski skins were the best extra to ever put on that sled. Only been good and stuck once... ever! Chris will remember. lol

41_zps1bfefe49.jpg

That kind of stuff doesn't slow my sled down at all Drew. As long as my right thumb still works. :D

First time I got into deep slush with my Venture I couldn't figure out why it was feeling weird until I looked behind me to see a river of slush 2 feet deep!!!

Pinned the throttle and.........................SEE YA!!!! :good::good:

A bravo that doesn't start good... goes through more gas than it use to? Your primer plunger / check flapper isn't sealing off and engine is sucking fuel through it while running richening the mix.. and the primer doesn't do squat when you pump it to try and start.

it's an ET 300 twin

I was thinking tired engine, the gas down the plug hole could be replaced with a primer? you're thoughts?

edit- Bernie, chime in

Edited by chris.brock

41_zps1bfefe49.jpg

At least we are lifting and heaving BRs, not big 4 strokes, Hahaha

I do remember the story Bunk

Adding fuel to a cold engine points to lean fuel mostly.

Could be a bad crankshaft seal. A bad seall allows air into the crankcase to lean the mixture.
Once engine runs the seal warms and doesn't allow as much air to leak in.

But poor compression and weak ignition can also fool you.

Adding fuel to a cold engine points to lean fuel mostly.

Could be a bad crankshaft seal. A bad seall allows air into the crankcase to lean the mixture.

Once engine runs the seal warms and doesn't allow as much air to leak in.

But poor compression and weak ignition can also fool you.

thanks bernie!

If it's a crank seal, it's usually on the clutch side that is shot. A little ether sprayed around the seal area while the engine is idling will let you know if it's sucking air in. The idle will pick up considerably.

If the seals good, check compression. Remove both plugs and connect the tester to one cylinder. Hold the throttle wide open and pull over at least 5 times. Compression should be at least 110 PSI or better. Repeat on the other cylinder.

A good carb cleaning/rebuild can also improve or cure starting issues.

Edited by Old Man

That kind of stuff doesn't slow my sled down at all Drew. As long as my right thumb still works. :D

First time I got into deep slush with my Venture I couldn't figure out why it was feeling weird until I looked behind me to see a river of slush 2 feet deep!!!

Pinned the throttle and.........................SEE YA!!!! :good::good:

The reason that Bravo got stuck had nothing to do with it's ability to stay on top and ride over much the same Dave... It had everything to do with bad luck. lol.

BTW... Wayne's a wizz with fawcet washers and Bravo primers. Fixed quick with no issue. Got the rest of the season out of the Bravo cause of the man's ability to McGyver stuff. lol.