Edumacated Mice !

Beans

get some of the old fashioned kind and tweak them until you have a hair trigger by bending the catch thingey.----deadly.

Exactly. The old school traps work great providing they're working properly and are set in the right place. Every other kill trap that's been invented since is basically another persons attempt at recreating the wheel.

Homemade tin can live traps also have a near 100% success rate when set properly in the right spot.

We batted 500 last night...caught 2 with the four traps...I must have put the peanut butter too close to the front lip on the first try...this time I put some back in the trap a little further...Of the two that missed, one was licked clean and the other was set off then dragged and stuck under the humidifier...

Sounds like you are getting things fine tuned. Yes, keep that peanut butter well back in the trap so they have to get their head well in there before setting it off. The one that was dragged likely just caught the little bugger by the nose.

Almost 2 pages for ways to catch a mouse, actually interesting reading and I have no idea why. Get a cat. But not my girls cat. One spring we were having a mouse problem and no way they are going away. I hear munch munch nibble nibble one night in the kitchen. I sneak in and flick on the light, the cats eating out of one dish and mouse is eating out of the other dish. I swear on the lives of my children.

Maureen...Steven from London has to sleep out there because of his allergies to cats, so we have never let them in that back room...

They do a good job of catching mice in the house and this pair are strictly indoor cats as we lost two over the 11 1/2 years we have been here...

Edited by Beans

If the room is not always being used, you could do a redneck fumigation.

Take lawnmower, fill with gas, remove blade, bring into room, start the engine and leave room. Allow the mower to run until out of gas; next day air out room.

If the noise doesn't chase them away, the carbon monoxide will get them. LOL

Dan.

Edited by DanD

The bucket trick works great, but don't use antifreeze.....it will kill any other pet that goes near it.

Water works just fine, and even the empty pail is enough to hold the mouse until you get to it.

S.

You will want to use plumbing antifreeze if you are using it in a cottage during the winter. No risk of pets and there is no smell to the carnge and no cannibalism due to falling on the ice and staying there for an extended period of time.

If the room is not always being used, you could do a redneck fumigation.

Take lawnmower, fill with gas, remove blade, bring into room, start the engine and leave room. Allow the mower to run until out of gas; next day air out room.

If the noise doesn't chase them away, the carbon monoxide will get them. LOL

Dan.

it should work but it would be better to leave the blade on it! It acts like a flywheel and besides if a mouse did try to get under it..... LOL

Two more yesterday...I don't want to use poison on account of most of them are up in the ceiling area and the stink may get unbearable...

Two more this morning...total eleven.

Edited by Beans