Edumacated Mice !

Beans

We have an issue at my camp...not to much you can do out in the woods to keep them away really.

But we employ the use of traps when we're there and the Buckets when we're not.

On the traps we've used peanut butter the abd had them licked clean as well.

Nothing works better then a hunk of Cheese, or bread mashed onto the trigger before you set it.

I've seen the little buggers pulling on it to get it...then SNAP

We use the old fashin wire snaps and they work with nearly 100% effeciency when we bait them with mashed in cheese or bread.

The key is to really "mold" it around the trigger so they have to pull on it.

BUT....

I have to tell you we recently tried those "sonic" plug in deterants on the market.

Where we used to kill 7 or 8 each trip...we haven't seen a mouse since July.

We leave them plugged in on a Solar battery system and the draw is so litle we've seen no issues.

But I should tell you we used 4 units plugged in at strategic area's that we though they may be entering.

All I know is it "appears" to be working.

We were 100% skeptical, but hey...if you have power it might be worth a shot.

Its working for us.

Cheers,

Cookslav, I am very interested in how you are running these. I have the same issues at my camp with mice and this year seems particularly bad! I have a solar/battery system that I power the camp with through an inverter when I am there. Do your sonic devices work on DC or do you have to leave an inverter on during your absence to run them? The only ones I have seen plug into an AC receptacle. I have always wondered about them. Glad to hear you are having success.

Cookslav, I am very interested in how you are running these. I have the same issues at my camp with mice and this year seems particularly bad! I have a solar/battery system that I power the camp with through an inverter when I am there. Do your sonic devices work on DC or do you have to leave an inverter on during your absence to run them? The only ones I have seen plug into an AC receptacle. I have always wondered about them. Glad to hear you are having success.

I have one(sonic) in my garage! Only a red light comes on? Did I buy a nightlight? An early model I had I could test for the sound, this one for $15, VICTOR brand, You have to buy two, gimmik ?

Note I have had none in my garage but still see evidence in my yard /(.

Home Hardware had the sonic ones on sale for half price a week or so ago and MB plugged it in in the back room...not sure if it's working as it should but I didn't catch any in the back room overnight...just one in the front part of the garage...That makes a dozen so far !

Edited by Beans

Home Hardware had the sonic ones on sale for half price a week or so ago and MB plugged it in in the back room...not sure if it's working as it should but I didn't catch any in the back room overnight...just one in the front part of the garage...That makes a dozen so far !

Your on a roll now !!!!!! :good: .

Ours system is overkill for our needs, we have 6 monsterous 6V Batterys running off solar pannels which feed a 1500W inverter.

I am not 100% what my 2 Pannels are rated as they were in place when I bought the place however I am fairly certain they are 500W each. All we have running off the system is lights and a few receptecles for a radio and recharging some electronics (GPS, Walkies etc...) although we do have a TV that seldom is used to check the local news, and sometimes we pick up the Odd Petes game...

We're also wired with a generator to run the coffee maker/toaster in the morning and could recharge the batteries but have never needed to. The Guy I bought it from used to live there from April to December so I guess he was using more juice perhaps???

Anyway,

We leave the Sonic units plugged in to the AC recpetecles with no issues what so ever.

The draw of those 4 units is so insignificant that every time I come up to the camp the Batteries are still fully charged.

I have a brother whom is an electrician and he checked out the units draw for me while he was there last time and in his oppinion the power comming in from the sun daily is more then enough to replenish their use and still top up the batteries.

I honestly did not beleive these things would work...but they seem to be...so far.

One thing to note is being a "sonic" pulse it does not penetrate walls or even a chair.

They are used "directionaly" meaning you can't plug it in and expect it to give coverage around walls, through doors etc....

Thats why I used 4 of them.

We have one in basically each corner of the main floor which points to the other corners....more or less ensuring coverage along the perimeter of the cabin walls(inside of course).

If you set them up make sure there is nothing in front of them or you will create a pocket where in theory there is no sonic deterent.