Trip Report......Taltson Bay Big Pike Lodge

NewHips

Wow, incredible stuff! I believe you'd be hard-pressed to find a better pike fishery anywhere in the world based on this report. Did you spend any time targetting other species?

Well, they do offer a Lake Trout trip, which I believe is pretty far from camp. I tried for some Walleye, but was the only one in camp to get any (3). What was surprising is that the walleye weren't in the river. Although most people really don't fish for them, one of the guides said he had never caught any near the rapids. Maybe just a spring time spot?

• 2 years later...

Unbelievable. I believe it so I should say simply amazing. For some reason I don't remember reading this report 3 years back, I would have remembered for sure. That has to be the most productive Pike fishing I have ever heard of f\rom anywhere in my almost 40 years of fishing for them beasts. And I thought we hammered the Pike in the Long Lac area years back, nothing like those numbers and size. The accommodations, scenery and Northern Lights would be worth the trip, world class fishing a major bonus.

Thanks to the OP for giving it and thanks to Mr. Moosebunk for bumping it. Man my bucket list is getting long.