tb4me

It's easy to play the 'what if' game. But imagine if Burke didn't do that horrible deal for Kessel. Imagine how much better the future would look with Seguin and Hamilton. Two big pieces the leafs desperatly need.

It started before Burke....I am sure everybody remembers JFJ and some of his deals....a first and 2nd for Brian Leetch...Tuuka Rask for Andrew Raycroft...a first a 2nd and 4th for Vesa Toskala...Jason Blake 5 years 20 million...and Fletcher/Burke were just as bad or worse....Jeff Finger, John Michael Liles, Tim Connelly. and on and on it goes!!!

And you can add a few curious deals by Nonis as well!!!

I love how people are using Patty Kane as their comparison...are you stinking kidding?

If you played on chicago youd have a prettty good rating too.

kessel plays with bozak or kadri as his centres. Just slightly different than playing with a toews or getzlaf or crosby.

by the logic here, kunitz is better than kessel. He isnt...

I love how people are using Patty Kane as their comparison...are you stinking kidding?

kessel plays with bozak or kadri as his centres. Just slightly different than playing with a toews or getzlaf or crosby.

Difference is Kinitz understands what it takes to win.

Id take Kunitz over Phil any day. Thats my opinion.

Keep apologizing for Phil he appreciates it!!!

That remains to be seen since Phil the scoring machine arrived the Leafs average league finish(not including the shortened season) is 24th... :(

.....and Kessel being at the top of the scoring charts has been a detriment to the Leafs? Maybe someone should just tell him to stop scoring goals and back check instead. I'm sure that would work wonders.

Edited by BillM

I anyone else wondering why Nonis still has a job? He directly responsible signing/re-signing Kessel, Dion, Gardiner and Clarkson. He got all this talent for a mere $167 million!

There are in deep trouble as they have no cap space left and will rely on other teams taking on their salary in a trade or buying out a player at the end of the season.

Gonna be along time before we see any fruit from these saplings.

HH

I anyone else wondering why Nonis still has a job? He directly responsible signing/re-signing Kessel, Dion, Gardiner and Clarkson. He got all this talent for a mere $167 million!

There are in deep trouble as they have no cap space left and will rely on other teams taking on their salary in a trade or buying out a player at the end of the season.

Gonna be along time before we see any fruit from these saplings.

HH

He will be gone soon i dont doubt it for a second.

It started before Burke....I am sure everybody remembers JFJ and some of his deals....a first and 2nd for Brian Leetch...Tuuka Rask for Andrew Raycroft...a first a 2nd and 4th for Vesa Toskala...Jason Blake 5 years 20 million...and Fletcher/Burke were just as bad or worse....Jeff Finger, John Michael Liles, Tim Connelly. and on and on it goes!!!

And you can add a few curious deals by Nonis as well!!!

I can't argue anything mentioned here. The worst thing is the Kessel deal, Raycroft trade, Blake signing. The day those were released to the media I did not say 'Oh yay! Great deal!' I said 'you have got to be kidding. This is a disaster'.

Now I'll admit, a few of the deals I thought 'these could work' like Leetch, Owan Nolan, and a few deals were good. We got Bernier for free, Gigurere for unloading salary and Phaneuf for spare parts.

The problem is, In my lifetime, I have never seen a deal where I said 'oh no. What were they thinking?' And the deal turned out that I was wrong and they got the better end. Am I smarter then the leafs management?

I can't argue anything mentioned here. The worst thing is the Kessel deal, Raycroft trade, Blake signing. The day those were released to the media I did not say 'Oh yay! Great deal!' I said 'you have got to be kidding. This is a disaster'.

Now I'll admit, a few of the deals I thought 'these could work' like Leetch, Owan Nolan, and a few deals were good. We got Bernier for free, Gigurere for unloading salary and Phaneuf for spare parts.

The problem is, In my lifetime, I have never seen a deal where I said 'oh no. What were they thinking?' And the deal turned out that I was wrong and they got the better end. Am I smarter then the leafs management?

id hope you are making millions at your current job cause if not id head down to the ACC and plead your case.