tb4me

All you non leaf fans crack me up..You all criticize them but never really come up with any sort of a real solution.Spew all you want its ok just sounds like verbal diarrhea .You don't want to know what that's called?

Ill always be a Leaf fan thick or thin..But most importantly Ill always be a hockey fan..Shanny has some work to do.. this is where it gets exciting.. Im hearing Jake and Bozak and a 2nd round pick (2016) for Ryan Oreily .. There's the #1 center were looking for..FWIW I would pull he trigger on that deal anyday..

My solution since you are asking...be very active at the trade deadline and change the culture of losing on this team...there are no untouchables on this team!!!

My solution since you are asking...be very active at the trade deadline and change the culture of losing on this team...there are no untouchables on this team!!!

I love this.. Finally.. From a habs fan! I don't think a total rebuild in needed..As for no untouchables..The Goat, Nylander connor brown and Reily are untouchables..Thats just my opinion

I think the Leafs will do just fine as soon as they play a team that is in the middle or the bottom of the pack. They still know how to score they're just not allowed to fly out of the zone anymore. They can't trade odd man rushes all night.

They've played top level teams for 5 games. They'd have lost those games with or without a defensive system. The difference is now they should know how to protect a lead when they get one. How many games did they build a lead in only to lose because they had know idea how to shutdown a team. I can't believe the new coach had this much impact this quickly.

It is funny watching Kessel trying to play defensive hockey. His NCAA coaches should be shot for allowing a highly skilled kid like that to float through without any commitment to defense. He'd have never got away with that in the OHL.

I'd say it might be fun to try out the new approach on the Senators on Wednesday, eh Matt???!!!

Dan O.

I think the Leafs will do just fine as soon as they play a team that is in the middle or the bottom of the pack. They still know how to score they're just not allowed to fly out of the zone anymore. They can't trade odd man rushes all night.

They've played top level teams for 5 games. They'd have lost those games with or without a defensive system. The difference is now they should know how to protect a lead when they get one. How many games did they build a lead in only to lose because they had know idea how to shutdown a team. I can't believe the new coach had this much impact this quickly.

It is funny watching Kessel trying to play defensive hockey. His NCAA coaches should be shot for allowing a highly skilled kid like that to float through without any commitment to defense. He'd have never got away with that in the OHL.

I'd say it might be fun to try out the new approach on the Senators on Wednesday, eh Matt???!!!

Dan O.

I dunno!

Can you laffites handle another shutout?

:w00t::rofl2::whistling:

Sure can. Especially if it is the other way around.

Can the Senoritas handle it? :whistling:

:D

I don't expect anything from the Sens. They suck so bad it's comical. The laffs are the worst team in the league with the worst record over the past 15 games, and have been shutout 3 of the last 4 and we can barely make up any ground lol!

The only enjoyment left for me is when the Sens beat the laffs, if they don't then it's just another game in a brutal season!

Leafs-fans-react-to-Game-7-OT-loss-473x315.jpg

:mellow:

Two players that have never played a NHL game and a farm animal are hardly untouchable...

The Leaf brass should be very active at the deadline....

If you think for a minute that Shanny gets rid of the future stars for today your.. dreaming The Goat, Brown and Nylander have big futures with this organization. Morgan will only go if its part of a huge deal...The leafs will be looking to dump salary if anything at the deadline.. I know you as a fan of the Habs would love to see Shanny toss it all away on a hope but he is much smarter then that..

Shannahan's strength is his ability to evaluate and know players. Are people forgetting that Dave Nonis is the GM here?

If you honestly think the Leafs are going to be buyers at the deadline you are an idiot.

Basically the story will be, how much TNT they throw into the team at the deadline. Will they dump everyone, or just a few key pieces.

They aren't trading Kessel or Phaneuf, but dont be surprised to see Gardiner, Kadri, Lupul, Bozak, Reimer or anyone on the 3rd and 4th lines go.

if someone is willing to grossly overpay in young talent and prospects for kessel simply for a playoff push, then yes he might go, but it would be for a hefty price. Dont be surprised to see a team that has trouble scoring pick him up. Vancouver, LA, San Jose all teams that dont score a lot but are already sound defensively.

Also dont be surprised if the leafs actually pick up a number once centre if one becomes available. this trade would involve trading at least 2 of Toronto's better players away for it. Maybe even 3.

Perhaps the only untouchable at this point is JVR. the guys contract is way way way too good to get rid of him.

If you are a kessel hater, read this article by my buddy http://faceoffcircle.ca/2015/01/17/time-trade-steven-stamkos/

Shannahan's strength is his ability to evaluate and know players. Are people forgetting that Dave Nonis is the GM here?

If you honestly think the Leafs are going to be buyers at the deadline you are an idiot.

Basically the story will be, how much TNT they throw into the team at the deadline. Will they dump everyone, or just a few key pieces.

They aren't trading Kessel or Phaneuf, but dont be surprised to see Gardiner, Kadri, Lupul, Bozak, Reimer or anyone on the 3rd and 4th lines go.

if someone is willing to grossly overpay in young talent and prospects for kessel simply for a playoff push, then yes he might go, but it would be for a hefty price. Dont be surprised to see a team that has trouble scoring pick him up. Vancouver, LA, San Jose all teams that dont score a lot but are already sound defensively.

Also dont be surprised if the leafs actually pick up a number once centre if one becomes available. this trade would involve trading at least 2 of Toronto's better players away for it. Maybe even 3.

Perhaps the only untouchable at this point is JVR. the guys contract is way way way too good to get rid of him.

If you are a kessel hater, read this article by my buddy http://faceoffcircle.ca/2015/01/17/time-trade-steven-stamkos/

Nonis will not be pulling the strings for long, that's why they brought in Mark Hunter. He's just sitting up in the press box getting ready. He didn't leave the London Nights that he is part owner with his brother to be a chair filler. Don't think it will before Nonis is canned and Hunter is anounced as GM. He seems to have done a good job in London, but he is still unproven in the big league. Don't know how a GM could give contracts like the one's that were given to Dion and Clarkson alone. There is no quick fixes