Fishing spot names

msp

We are not very creative either:( all ours are on one lake.

Gallies bay

Colins bay

Pickeral point

The weedbed

South bay

Whitefish point

Cooks bay ( not that one)

And the last one i cant say on here but it refers to a bay with a weedbed and a creek flowing in and access to deep water that constantly gets fished hard and keeps coughin up fish.

Freezer hole is one of my favs.

Albert had no clue what the freezer hole was last week on the Sutton. He's been calling it the breakfast hole for the last 30 years apparently.

The man has a sense of humour. As he left us on our own he told us to be careful because the polar bears prefer white meat. :lol:

Great names everyone.

When the Blast Furnace guys are together on the Ottawa:

The Tap Hole, the Stack, Iron runner creek, East and West Casthouse, the trough.

The former and active US military guys in upper NY state:

The DMZ, No Fly Zone, no mans land, ambush point, locked and loaded bay., Guantanamo, Mai Kong Delta, The Water Board, Omaha and Juno Beaches.

The Rockers,

Alabama bay, the Rolling Stone, Rascal Flats, Kate's bush, Johnny's River, Justins beaver dam.

The list goes on, and on and, and.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

Ok...

40 run

Bullers dock

10 ft flat

Brookies train ride

Connie's hole

Jessies lovely humps

Great tig bitties

Bare naked family ( .. mom, dad, and 2 young uns.. we werent long fleeing that spot)

Snake in the bend

Mink point

Snapper creek

Old beaver

Bear on the bridge

Q

Pretty crappie hole

" Bare naked family" Tender52!! Other than Dad and the yungins might have been a favorite spot eh? We've surprised more than one bare naked dolly taking in the sun. Have to love those whisper quiet electrics. Funny how a few never minded at all. In fact one dated a pal for months, that was 25 years and 25 pounds of muscle ago.

Should call that Beaver Bay.

Pike alley, the Bermuda Island, Bikini dock are a few of mine

something tells me the fishing isnt so great in this spot, but you make frequent trips anyways.

Havent named too many but I am going to start after reading this thread. It actually is a great idea just for future reference with the family.

Ive only really got a couple and they are simple

The buoy

Channel Bay

The river

The first one comes with a story. The first year we bought our cottage my son and his buddy were fishing off the back of my boat and my son proceeded to embed a treble from a Spook into the back of his buddy's head on a cast. We now call that spot "Hook-Head Point". Here are a couple more:

Hungry Bay

Bucket Bay

The Merry-Go-Round

Flag Pole Shoal

The Duck Shoal

The Toad Shoal

The Outlet

On my home lake I have :

The Shelf

The Pocket

Muskie Point

And on another kawartha lake, my buddy named a spot "The Bay of Death" because the first time we went there he was just killing them (not so much every time afterward, but it's still called by that name nevertheless

The first one comes with a story. The first year we bought our cottage my son and his buddy were fishing off the back of my boat and my son proceeded to embed a treble from a Spook into the back of his buddy's head on a cast. We now call that spot "Hook-Head Point". Here are a couple more:

Hungry Bay

Bucket Bay

The Merry-Go-Round

Flag Pole Shoal

The Duck Shoal

The Toad Shoal

The Outlet

ahahahaha love the hook head

Not necessarily a fishing spot, but a beach up in Algonquin on cedar lake in my family is referred to as bare ass beach, for the sake of a story from my grandpa, up fishing with his buddies and as they drive by the beach there's a whole lot of women sun bathing without bottoms on so they don't get any tan lines hence the name haha.

now I don't know how much truth there is to it, but the name stuck!

Seasons Pass.

My brother and I asked a neigbouring farmer if we could fish a trib. hole on his property 25 years ago.

The old character told us since we were the only ones who has ever actually asked for permission we just got a "seasons pass for life!"

Well the old gummer is actually still alive and still on his home farm. I caught a nice bow fishing with my son in Seasons Pass this spring.

My buddy and I have a few on the lake we fish.

- "Crying child" (kids always crying there)

- "smoking lawn-mower" (always a guy mowing his lawn with a not-so environmentally safe mower)

- "7lb bay" (2 7lb buckets taken from there last year)

- "cheap bacon man" (a guy was yelling at his wife for buying no-name bacon)

- "7-dog" (7 dogs live on the property)

- "rich boy bay" (massive cottage with awesome milfoil patches out front)

- "thong central" (name says it all...lol)