PB Pike !!

Hey folks, it's been a while since I've posted, but I've been out fishing a bit. This year has offered a tough season for the big pike that I love so much. I've been able to boat some real quality fish, but I've had to work very hard for them thus far. I'm not going to flood the post with photos from the season but I would really like to share a fish that I caught and released this past Friday. I'd been finding some quality pike transitioning from their shallow sunning grounds out into the deeper feeding zones, but after numerous follows throwing bucktails, and nothing commiting, I needed to change tactics. I downsized to a 5 inch Imperium Ace soft jerkbait rigged on a 6/0 Trokar straight shank worm hook, tied directly to a steel leader. I was able to boat a few in the 30-36 inch range before hooking up with the biggest pike of my life to date. I hit this fish in about 9 feet of water and she absolutely crushed it. Say hello to my PB, a 47 inch gator! It may be a while before I top this one in Southern Ontario.

10257892_10152394209120795_6451222129365

10380273_10152524316743092_4172376219955