My most ultimate fishing report!!!! A MONSTER!!!

jedimaster

Well. I was going to write up how awesome the trip to BC was, show you all the amazing photos of the mountains we climbed, the pictures of Bald Eagles, bears, Sea to Sky Highway, Deltas and rivers.... but hey this is a fishing forum so I will treat you all with my video. What an amazing trip... and btw keep your ears on the classifieds section a move to BC may be in my future after this trip.... I will upload some pictures later... I just got back last night... My heart is still pumping and my hands still tingling. What a truly life changing experience.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMqwlPJbJg0&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMqwlPJbJg0

Edited by jedimaster

The video shows almost 10 minutes of fight time but what you miss was the 10 minutes prior when it was truly going ballistic. The rod did a good nose dive in the holder then was dead, I grabbed felt for weight and was up on my toes with a jump set. About halfway into the hook set the fish bolted and nearly took me in. haha. The drag was screaming and my arms were throbbing. I can't even imagine what the 1000+ pound ones are like. I can hardly wait to go back for more. If you haven't gone and you enjoy big fish like Musky or big lakers all I can say is WOW you are missing out big time by having not gone sturgeon fishing. The power is unreal.

Right on---prayin much that the rod did'nt snap??---thought ya lost her at 12 min--when it went round the back

Movin to BC??...I understand SamSquatch don't take kindly to Leaf Fans----Don't go into the woods alone :)

Nice trip

Great video and experience.I love the video.My Neice left 8 years ago for BC,now a proffesional fisherman doing what you did,plus fly fishing mostly.She will never move back.

Don't blame you for thinking like she did.Thanks for sharing part of your fishing. :good: .Would also like to try that myself at some point.Congrats!!!!!

100 pound power pro, penn bait caster, shimano tc4 rod(same one I use for musky). 16ounce sinker rigged like a Carolina rig, 1 foot off the weight was a larger barbless circle hook tipped with 4 or 4 dew worms. Very simple rig. Very effective.

Edited by jedimaster

You won't forget that day throughout your life. Whether scoring a goal to win the series or your first Sturgeon. An old timer that fished for Sturgeon on the Fraser tried to explain to us what it was like. He said it was like tying a cable to a fridge on one side of the house and trying to reel it up and over the house onto the other side, but the fridge is in the bed of a pickup and someone is trying to drive away.

This is too funny jedimaster, last August my girlfriend and I caught one 5'7" and one 7'7". The funny part is it was out of the exact same boat with the exact same guide John. It too was an unforgettable experience. I posted a trip report on here also of our trip. I too loved the sea to sky highway

Im in revelstoke right now, on a cross country drive to vancouver. Ive already done the sturgeon on the fraser, and it is awesome! I probably wont have time to fish this trip, but the scenery is amazing!!!!

S.

hahaha that's awesome! ...my buddies and I thought we'd just road trip for the Olympics, be ski bums for a season...we're still here, it's hard to leave...and you'll be here just in time for when sockeye opener is announced

PS don't sell all your bass gear

I am keeping a couple bait casters and a couple spinning rods, I know there is some bass fishing there. The goal is more I don't want to move with a tonne of stuff that may end up breaking. I don't mind rebuying but the more I can sell off the less I have to move and worry about. Its gonna be an adventure getting across the country, we won't be in a rush to get there and will take our time. hopefully I can do some fishing along the way.

We just did the run from pickering to vancouver in 5 days in a 20ft uhaul towing a ford ranger the whole way. It is an adventure for sure. Pretty amazing trip! We didnt have anything broken. Bring as much as you can because the things you leave behind are what you will want!

S.