for the hunters

wkrp

a rat trap with peanut butter works good too.

Yes, just wire it to something. I've seen those squirrels take the trap with them!! This would be my method to get them for sure. The pellet gun would be tough. They don't sit still long enough to get a shot!

S.

Edited by Sinker

lol I just replaced all my roof vents this past weekend due to a nuisance squirrel, funny thing though after he couldn't get back in due to me putting metal ones on he still came back and my dog ended up having some fun and solving my problem for good

I had black squirrels literally chewing my fascia boards once before the aluminum went on---yes the rat trap and PB worked

I screwed the trap to a board so he coul'nt drag it---flatter to set the trap on as well

Then another time----a red squirrel was using my shed for pine cone storage---you would not believe where he'd hide them-----in anything open

including my old table saw ---lived in town so could'nt get the gun

check with the local bylaw maybe an issue with discharging a firearm in your particular area........ the world is changing

In Canada, a firearm is described as anything that fires a projectile at a speed of 500 feet per second or faster.

That's why many pellet guns are slightly below this mark. (490 ft. per sec., etc.)

Yes, as mentioned above, there may be municipal regulations to deal with as well.

Be careful if you decide to go the pellet gun route. Some neighbours may not understand what you're doing and just see someone with a gun. Next thing, you're getting a nasty visit from the police.

I would try to live trap it and relocate the critter far away from your home.

I've relocated several racoons a few kilometers away and across to the other side of a large river.

Make sure you have a large garbage bag wherever you put the cage in your vehicle an several sheets of newsprint on top of that. If you don't, when the animals pee or poop, the cage and your vehicle will be soiled.

Good luck !

Edited by Carp

X3 for a rat trap with peanut butter, screwed down onto something solid.

You are getting good advice about firearms, discharge thereof, and game/trapping laws. I am going to suggest that you use that good advice to decide that a less problematic solution does not involve pellet rifles or anything that resembles a firearm...........

Doug

X3 for a rat trap with peanut butter, screwed down onto something solid.

You are getting good advice about firearms, discharge thereof, and game/trapping laws. I am going to suggest that you use that good advice to decide that a less problematic solution does not involve pellet rifles or anything that resembles a firearm...........

Doug

I agree with you but for me to climb on a ladder and fasten a trap is not an option . I do not want to risk injury to myself and feel that I could eleminate my problem with my feet on solid ground in a comparable humane matter.