Insane Video…man charged in crash (nf)

limeyangler

I hear you Joey. My wife is pregnant and commutes daily so I'm especially sensitive to her driving and to others driving around her.

Since I live in dead-center redneck-ville, there are some stoooopid people who drive the same roads as her.. one of my to-do items today is to confront one of the drivers who was driving 70 on the highway and didn't like that my wife passed him so he her rode her butt for 5 mins at 90 and then passed her and did 110 the rest of the way. He's getting a piece of my mind today I'll tell you.

Simple. The same solutions that will help reduce crime. Fines that hurt. Real consequences for wrongful acts. Ditch no fault insurance.

We all build a deathstar 2000 vehicle with machine guns and rocket launchers.....

Art

Not unbelievable at all... just the way it is everyday out there now.

First on scene to an accident last fall outside of Westport. Guy (I'm pretty sure) was on cell phone and driving wrong side of road hit big truck with trailer as well. He was in and out of consciousness a couple times but while awake wanted me to find his cellphone... Adamant about it at times. Was thinking more about keeping him still as his glasses were impregnated into his forehead and his hip was mushy from his dash crushing his femur into it. When he got that phone he appeared to be trying to clear his history.

The other accident a few hundred meters from where my kids stand out and wait for the bus each day, police on scene when I stopped (friend of mine) explained guy simply drove off the road while texting. I guess he tried to clear his history and even called his girlfriend after the crash to have her try and clear hers, but the police have a way of finding things out otherwise. Different time a little further down the road... and who knows???

Cellphone fines should be $1000's. Not kidding. Three offences and total loss of license for years. Not kidding.

No cell phones involved in this story, but a whole lot of stupidity.

It was on hwy 28 south of Burleigh Falls 2 years ago and if I hadn't seen it myself I wouldn't have believed it.

Guy was driving southbound in a real hurry and wanted to pass the car in front of him but because of the heavy northbound traffic couldn't do it. Instead of waiting for an opening he actually went onto the soft shoulder and passed the car on the right side, doing at least 100 kmh.

Gravel and dirt was flying everywhere, the moron was fishtailing all over the place and the guy being passed actually had to move over towards the northbound lane and on-coming to get away from this moron.

I was just waiting for this jerk to roll into the ditch, infact I was actually hoping he would before he killed an innocent family but sadly he kept it together and roared on down the hiway.

On the busier Fridays in the summer,it is not uncommon to see motorists going from the fast lane all the way to the shoulder lane and back over again ,passing 3 lane traffic on the north bound #400.It's a little scarey I'll tell you when they come across like that. :wallbash: .

I dont understand ...why did this guy have a dash cam rolling anyways?

It wasnt a police cruiser....

They are actually becoming more common in vehicles, basically recording on a loop. As easily as they can prove fault of others, they can hold you responsible for your mistakes.

Would be my natural reaction... someone noses out and the highway is clear, so you think at some point he'll hit the brakes and you go around the nose of the truck and carry on after a few expletives... only this guy didn't stop!

yeah but what if other car comes on the other lane? you'd end up in a head-on, much worse. I'd always go for the ditch :P

This video, and the one with the transport passing the snow plow were both taken on the highways that I drive several hundred km's per week on. Wish me luck.

there's one for you :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HD-Full-1920-1080P-H-264-Car-Camcorder-Incar-Dash-Camera-Portable-DVR-/181275428885?pt=US_Security_Cameras&hash=item2a34db8815

makes me think about getting one :P

Edited by iFish4real

I dont understand ...why did this guy have a dash cam rolling anyways?

It wasnt a police cruiser....

Why? Because there are so many idiots on the roads who think they're Mario Andretti, yet the truth is they're horrible drivers and shouldn't even have licenses. After these people cause accidents they try to blame other people for the collision and sometimes get off the hook or are only found to be 50% at fault even after you've had multiple discussions with insurance adjusters and police telling them that it was 100% the bad drivers fault.

Video of the collision is by far the best evidence and easiest way to put all the fault on the person who actually caused the accident.

Why? Because there are so many idiots on the roads who think they're Mario Andretti, yet the truth is they're horrible drivers and shouldn't even have licenses. After these people cause accidents they try to blame other people for the collision and sometimes get off the hook or are only found to be 50% at fault even after you've had multiple discussions with insurance adjusters and police telling them that it was 100% the bad drivers fault.

Video of the collision is by far the best evidence and easiest way to put all the fault on the person who actually caused the accident.

Shouldn't you just look at the police report? It should state who's at fault and who's not. As for dash cams, this isn't Russia is it?

I've been in an accident where police report said 50/50 and my insurance put it 100% on my back...and I'm pretty sure the other guy's insurance did the same thing. That's what insurance companies do around here, take advantage of us to make insane profits...A dash cam it's a very good idea, I'm sure it even stands as evidence in court...

I'm getting one :P

They should look at the police report Bill, but to match the post above....... the lady that parked her car in the middle of the 6th and started walking home... and my son found the car in the white out. Police charged the lady and it's in the report... the insurance company from some magic "table" say he's at fault for hitting her from behind and have doubled his premiums already despite the fact they haven't even come to a settlement on his rode off car yet. As for a dash cam... in his case all you wouldn't have seen was white.. lol

that was crazy, glad everybody was ok at least, the video is scary because we all know how easily that could happen to anybody, any day of the week

I don't think it's just a cell phone issue, it's distracted driving in general....if it's not a cell phone, there are dozens of other things that distract a driver....it's a parent with kids, a dog in the car, playing with the radio or browsing through a playlist, rolling up a Horton's cup, eating food, being upset/emotional, etc...in that video it's a cell phone, but people drinking coffee is just as much a risk as a phone

that was crazy, glad everybody was ok at least, the video is scary because we all know how easily that could happen to anybody, any day of the week

I don't think it's just a cell phone issue, it's distracted driving in general....if it's not a cell phone, there are dozens of other things that distract a driver....it's a parent with kids, a dog in the car, playing with the radio or browsing through a playlist, rolling up a Horton's cup, eating food, being upset/emotional, etc...in that video it's a cell phone, but people drinking coffee is just as much a risk as a phone

I agree 100%. Over my 34 years of driving I have had a few instances where I have just plain not been paying 100% attention and except for lady luck things could have turned out real bad. I'm not saying people shouldn't be more careful or that cell phones are OK...because they certainly are not. I'm just saying that if you honestly think you couldn't have caused an accident at some point in your life while behind the wheel...I think your only fooling yourself.

Shouldn't you just look at the police report? It should state who's at fault and who's not. As for dash cams, this isn't Russia is it?

If there are no witnesses it basically comes down to your word vs the other drivers and how the cop perceives what happened. If both people tell the truth then there is no issue. But, if the person who caused the accident is good at story telling and convinces the cop that something besides the truth happened or you mix up your story and/or facts you could be found partially at fault which means you get to pay your deductible and the insurance company will likely increase in your rates. Insurance adjusters will definitely believe the cops report before believing what you tell them.

So basically insurance just tries to screw you 100% of the time, lol.

No, not really. Over the years I've heard many stories from people who've been "screwed" by insurance companies when in reality the people complaining were partially at fault. Irishfields incident is an example of what I'm talking about. While the person who parked in the middle of the road is a complete idiot, the driver who rear ended the parked car could definitely be found partially at fault because he was traveling too fast for the conditions to be able to see the parked car and stop before hitting it. The only thing a dash cam would have shown in that situation was he was driving too fast for the conditions.

In just over 2 years we've been involved in 3 accidents and our rates have continued to drop with each renewal because we were found 0% at fault each time thanks to crystal clear stories, pictures, and witnesses. Dash cams would have helped each time by providing video evidence to show that the other drivers were flat out lying. Seeing as you're on the hook for your deductible if the other driver flees the scene and can't be identified, a dash cam would have saved me from paying my deductible after the one accident.