Portable pack battery-where to buy

I was wondering if anyone knows of a big chain (walmart... Can tire... Home Depot...etc...) that generally sells 12v batteries for a portable sonar pack...

Or

Another store I should try...

I know this has been brought up before... I just can't find the thread....

Sail, Le Baron, Princess Auto, Total Battery. Probably at a bunch of electronic stores too. My last one i picked up from Radioworld.

Online too - Batterybuyer.com.

I'd also recommend getting a 9Ah instead of the typical 7Ah if you want more use time.

Alternatively you can use 8 AA's or D's, but they are only useful if your sonar doesn't require a lot of juice.

Edited by FishLogic

The good thing about the Humminbird brand battery at LeBaron is that it is a gel cell, and also the charger is included... I'm guessing you probably already have one though.

As others have mentioned, get a 9aH instead of a 7Ah if you can... depending on the power draw of your unit, it may be key to fishing a full day.

Have you tried asking at Canadian Tire if they will price match?

Pete

If there is an Interstate battery close to you give them a try.

I've been using one of their sealed emergency lighting batteries for a couple of years now. The battery fits inside the case of the finder and I can go three or four days without having to charge the thing. I think I paid something around $25.00 for it.

Dan.

i bought a sealed AGM from Sayal Electronics in Burlington. I think its a backup for a security system. Works great and does not have to be right side up. It fits in my portable Eagle's case so its great. i don't know the amp hrs though.