Lake Simcoe Hut Rental Recommendation

sneak_e_pete

Hi there, I am looking to take my 6 year old ice fishing and am looking for some recommendations. I normally hit North Bay for a couple days, but budget isn't allowing that this year.

$$$ is a factor for me, but I also want to make sure that he gets some fish. Can you recommend an outfitter? Best time of year to go?

Thanks in advance.

I've never rented a hut on Cooks Bay, but I usually use Peter's ice reports and those are a ton of help. For that I'd recommend him. I've had lots of luck out on Cooks for Jumbos, more so than other "Jumbo" grounds.

Anyone know of a decent operator for lakers or whities?

Google "Casey's ice huts" in Port Bolster. Used him and only him for day huts. Really good guy that runs a good ace for ice fishing. Night time acomd. As well, but never went that route. Biggest perch caught there with plenty others for the table. Thumbs up Tah can't wait for 2014!!

E817D756-D7C9-4FAF-8AA0-F95020DA5831-179

BBB67C47-F1DC-4E39-BC2B-45E376A1F9D5-179

2BEFADCE-593D-4095-9BF9-82069C92F7E9-179

I'm sorry, but I would recommend anywhere but Casey's.

Last year I went out on a foursome. We had a hut loaded with garbage, and excrement in a bucket. It had not been cleaned after the previous occupant. The argo used to run us out barely got us out or back as it continually tried to stall out and the one drive kept failing leaving us going in a circle until it re-engaged. The driver was tanked on the trip back in. At the very least, one has to keep facilities clean and maintained.

Im REALLY surprised to hear that Bruce! Wow....

Been using caseys for as long as I can remember and never had a single bad thing to say. New owners have been pretty good to me and my fishing buddies, but without Casey and Leona, the place certainly isnt the same. They were the nicest people on the lake, and I learned a ton about that lake fron 'ole Casey.

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience there. I would recommend them to anyone.

S.

Why not terry? Peter has nice huts, and its near impossible to not catch perch in gillford. if you had a bad experience please share as I always recommend him when someone asks me where to go ice fishing for their first time.

Some people here tend to complain about his advertising methods and videos claiming safe ice and putting unknowers in danger. Personally I think he does an excellent job and I've never had a bad experience with him. I think he works very hard with getting the information out there and if it helps boosts his business good for him.

• 1 month later...

Try out www.cooksbayfishingboard.com

He has lots of huts for perch and pike.

usually always getting lots of action.

flip

I Would just like to post a thanks to the members here for suggesting these rental spots. My brother and I used this link a few weeks back to get out into a hut. Peter was a great guy, and we did well on the perch that day.

Thanks again guys.