Breakfast - Yours?

Rod Caster

Ok, a bit of a silly topic, but I LOVE me a good breakfast and I'm just curious what other peoples habits are. Also I typically eat my morning food ASAP, like minutes after I wake up. Can't imaging waiting unitl lunch like some people do!!

#1 morning food - Three sunny side up eggs with lots of pepper, three pieces of toast the last one with PB and jam,

#2 three egg omlett cooked in olive oil, no bread, tons of veggies and spices and seeds like turmeric, pepper, chia seeds, hemp seeds, sesame. This is my healthy Brek.

#3 if I'm short on time, some goofy kids cereal mixed with another cereal with actual substance like Oatmeal Crunch.

Morning Drink: Green Tea! I use the loose leaf stuff from David's Tea and it just so damn good compared to the sticks/dead leaf green tea from the bags.

For breakfast I normally have

Bowl of cereal + milk (sometimes I'll have oatmeal instead), 2 eggs (either boiled or scrambled), An avocado or a banana (sometimes a bit of watermelon during the summer), and a mug of green tea

A coffee gets chugged immediately upon waking up. But I have to wait at least an hour before I eat something. By that time I'm at work, so it's usually just a cereal bar and a rice crispy square, or a muffin.

On the weekends, I love pancakes with local maple syrup. I stock up each spring at the Elmvale maple syrup festival.

The odd time I'll go all out. Eggs, bacon, toast, pancakes, hash browns and fruit... But that's usually only the day after a big party, in attempt to get the hung over people out of my house!

I like a variety of breakfasts.

1. French toast with cinnamon and maple syrup

2. Two fried eggs with 2 sausages roasted potatoes and toast

3. Home made Waffles with cinnamon and maple syrup

4. Poached eggs on toast with bacon

5. Toasted western sandwich

6. Scrambled eggs with hash browns , sausages and toast

7. Fruit breakfast, bananas, apples and grapes. Add any seasonal fruit also

Those are my regulars. Always a coffee when I wake up(can't find the planet without it) and one more with breakfast. Fruit breakfast is a must at least once a week.

I always eat a good breakfast and then have a light lunch(usually fruit).

Muddler

If im working, i will eat something heavier with a good bit of carbs like a bagel and a bowl of oatmeal to keep my appetite up all day, but if im fishing i will keep things light until dinner time rolls around, fruit and maybe a can of tuna will keep me going all day.

just out of curiosity, when you guys have something with "maple syrup" do you guys use the good stuff or the disgusting fake stuff?

Only the real stuff for this guy!!

I used to eat the Walmart stuff, but now I support the local sugar bushes.

just out of curiosity, when you guys have something with "maple syrup" do you guys use the good stuff or the disgusting fake stuff?

Relatives have a maple bush and make the real stuff every spring. The real stuff for me. Never tried anything else.

Muddler

Fresh Perch fried and 4 fried eggs,green tomato chow, toast and jam. OH ya, a few cups of coffee.

Some days, good thick slice Bacon and fired Eggs, real home fries with onion and mushrooms, bread fried in bacon fat.

Breakfast like that you don't have to come off the lake till dark, no lunch or supper, just a few beers before bed time.

Some days when I feel health conscious, Red River cereal or Oatmeal Porridge with brown sugar.

Put like some mention just a coffee on the run and make it happen, get the boat on the truck and lets "GO" :blahblah1: , lots of time to eat latter, times-a-wastin, fishis to be caught :good:

And make sure the boat tank is full, dark is a long time off. If you only want to do half days, :wallbash: stay on shore :worthy::) .

Edited by Fish Farmer

Always a 16 ounce cup of coffee after I feed the cats and then let the dog out to do her business...

This morning got away on me somehow so "brunch" was a couple of two egg western g'weeches (sort of) made with some chopped up leftover cottage roll, red pepper,minced dry onion and some seasoned salt on white toast...

I could have used some chopped up Leadbetters corn-meal bacon but I'm saving that for a corn-meal bacon on a bun for a lunch...

Most mornings it is coffee, cereal with sliced banana or blueberries, toast and jam...

My wife always gets on my case because it's generally the same thing every morning.

Meds, Decaf, two slice of somekind of grain bread with peanut butter and fruit spread.

Might stray from that if we are away at a cottage or camping.

Edited by jimmer