National Pro Staff Rant

Salmonidstalker

LOL.. its funny..... I can never tell where those pictures are posted.... guess ive never been there... The fishing industry is a tough tough place to try and make a living. Trying to get any of the tackle companies to spend a dime on advertising is pretty much impossible, I've met a thousand (well dozens) people who have said.. i could do a fishing show or be a tourney pro, without realizing that the whole process is likely more about business than it is about fishing. Just ask anyone trying to hold on to sponsors .... seems to me like having pro staff post pictures everywhere is great "pretty much" free advertising. If you think about what the lure costs retail, then what the wholesale cost is.. then think about what that lure actually costs the company to buy outta china... you would be amazed at how cheap plastic can be.

"steelheaders have always had an element that thought they where the greatest and latest, and the second coming of Jesus himself"

I think the muskie guys are second. Oh bad hold,you played it to long. :lol::oops:

J/K :P

Edited by Misfish

Well there is definetly a difference between NPS and real pro staff that's for sure !!!! And for the real pro staff guys it's full of commitments and appearances as well as educating and teaching techniques and product development !! Not just about "getting free stuff" yes they get perks for sure but it's not just about that alone,you get to meet all the people in the industry as well as making important contacts and meeting lots of other fishermen get to see all the new product long before anyone else as well as use it too !!!! And it's like anything else right you will get

Out if it what you put into it !!!!!

exactly, if you can look at a pic and know which one of the thousands of rivers it is, you've been there and know about it already

Exactly what? You think when there's a big run of fish in a system, you need every Tom Dick and Harry in there adding even more pressure to the fish?

Exactly what? You think when there's a big run of fish in a system, you need every Tom Dick and Harry in there adding even more pressure to the fish?

so lets put it this way.....do you know exactly where this is?? don't just say yes or no

c3a5f05a-c080-438e-9934-3ed681680c45_zps

Edited by FloatnFly

could be any river in ontario

So you put a picture of any river in Ontario, big deal....what does that have to do with my original comment. Its about up to date reporting of spots, giving anglers more info than they should ever have handed to them. And all for internet fame and a crappy rod or tackle that most anglers would pass on it even if it was given to them.

Are you one of those spot burners? Your location says Oshawa and thats fairly close to all of the tribs being shown in the pictures.

If you dont understand the responsibility anglers have on the fishery, maybe you should take up golf.

Eggzakly, FF! Naming a river will bring new people to the

river,showing backgrounds won't.

It’s not the new people you’re worried about going to the river. It’s the people that recognize the background and decide to fish it the next morning because you said you went 5/7 today...And there are lots of them out there.

Edited by MJL

and the problem is

people can do whatever they like, as long as they follow the regs. they can post names photos and gps waypoints all they like

this whole thread is based on someones opinion

I am sure the guy posting backgrounds feels just as rightest as you

and your post may make you feel better by airing it

but I would think that's about as far as it will go

Edited by Terry

It’s not the new people you’re worried about going to the river. It’s the people that recognize the background and decide to fish it the next morning because you said you went 5/7 today...And there are lots of them out there.

Why do people have a hard time understanding this? LOL!!

Ask Misfish about his 12 best friends that showed up the day after he got that nice chinny. Perfect example (Not saying Brian is spot burning, because we all know he isn't)..

you said you went 5/7 today...And there are lots of them out there.

LOL Mike.

I went 1/1 that day.LOL

Ask Misfish about his 12 best friends that showed up the day after he got that nice chinny. Perfect example (Not saying Brian is spot burning, because we all know he isn't)..

Thanks Bill.

It was a bit over whelming to go from just a couple of guys for 3 days,then see after that post,a full lot. . Once the chinnies are done,it,s strikly C&R from the Boyne to the Pine, as you and others know.

Edited by Misfish

and the problem is

people can do whatever they like, as long as they follow the regs. they can post names photos and gps waypoints all they like

this whole thread is based on someones opinion

I am sure the guy posting backgrounds feels just as rightest as you

and your post may make you feel better by airing it

but I would think that's about as far as it will go

Sure, they can Terry. It’s their decision to do so. But it’s naïve to think that everyone who reads the report on OFC follows the regulations (and many of the gut & chuckers don’t even use fishing rods – let alone bait - on the smaller creeks).

For me, if I want to post a report, I could always do it from a massive body of water where pin-pointing the exact location is impossible, I could wait a week or few, I could wait till the river is blown and unfishable, I could wait till the season closes, I could post pics from a large stretch of private property that I have exclusive permission to fish, I could wait till the river freezes over, etc.