National Pro Staff Rant

Salmonidstalker

don't disagree with you

but we are talking about ethics and ethics in fishing is really just ones own opinion over anothers , anything beyond what the law states is just opinion

I know people who when fishing keep everything legal and when they have their limit they quit fishing, they keep telling me hurting fish for sport is cruel and they only fish for food. that is their ethics, their opinion

well it is the same for people who need to give every detail and photos and waypoints..they think they are doing a good thing.

I do not believe that any thing posted here is going to change their minds...and they are not breaking any law, so they see no reason to listen to peoples rightest rants

don't disagree with you

but we are talking about ethics and ethics in fishing is really just ones own opinion over anothers , anything beyond what the law states is just opinion

I know people who when fishing keep everything legal and when they have their limit they quit fishing, they keep telling me hurting fish for sport is cruel and they only fish for food. that is their ethics, their opinion

well it is the same for people who need to give every detail and photos and waypoints..they think they are doing a good thing.

I do not believe that any thing posted here is going to change their minds...and they are not breaking any law, so they see no reason to listen to peoples rightest rants

They may think they are doing a good thing, but the reality is that they are doing it for swag. And just because its legal, does not mean its good practice or morally and ethically right.

I could go down the river each day and kill two rainbows, eat them, and get two more the next day....and so on and so on. It's perfectly legal, but the reality is eventually the river suffers. It's posts like these that make it easier for anglers to get their limit or even worse, poachers to take him far more.

I actually do think it will change their minds if they do read this. They may think twice about posting the day or day after they fish it. these guys must love fishing the rivers, and they are young and they will grow out of their ways.

And you're right, it's just my opinion. But guys who care about migratories, and river systems in general understand what I'm saying.

Here's a different opinion. Close the rivers to this onslaught. Solved.

RJ

Interesting opinion but I I'll assume you don't target migratories predominantly. For a die hard migratory angler and conservation minded individual, they understand how sensitive the dynamic of a river fishery is and what it needs to sustain itself.

It wouldn't be cool if someone posted pictures or burned whatever fishery you are in to, or even worse, close it down. I love all fish but I have a passion for migratories, in the lake and in the river. Closing the fishery is definitely not the answer. Even a little common sense, like not posting backgrounds goes a long way.

Here's a different opinion. Close the rivers to this onslaught. Solved.

RJ

I think that is an excellent idea. Further, we should also ban any recreational or stakes based tournaments, and perhaps guide services as well. I believe they take a serious toll on our fisheries, I am sure you will agree!

I knew I'd get a reaction! I'm kidding fellas. I do a little bit of steel heading myself. I enjoy the peace and quiet of the river as much as you do. Sadly it can hectic on these creeks pretty quick especially around the GTA. Pick your spots midweek is about the best we can do!

RJ

It’s not the new people you’re worried about going to the river. It’s the people that recognize the background and decide to fish it the next morning because you said you went 5/7 today...And there are lots of them out there.

Fair point. But if the pic is more than a few days old, which it often is, then it's a bit late to rush out in hopes of 'hitting a run".

I knew I'd get a reaction! I'm kidding fellas. I do a little bit of steel heading myself. I enjoy the peace and quiet of the river as much as you do. Sadly it can hectic on these creeks pretty quick especially around the GTA. Pick your spots midweek is about the best we can do!

RJ

That wasn't a reaction, that was my best trolling. Damn you for not taking the bait, LOL!

Hahaha! You took my bait! I understand the issue at hand here but not sure what you'll ever do to stop it.

RJ

To be honest it's not really an issue I have. I don't post reports etc, as I have no personal interest in it. That said, if someone wants to post they're slayfest on my favorite river, I don't really care. I can always find a bit of water to fish, and the odd fish to catch, wether I am fishing with 1 or 100 of my closest friends. If not, I'll move on down the road! I don't see the issue with backgrounds, and frankly I don't enjoy fish in the muck pictures, or a fish laying beside a float reel. They all look the same to me! To each their own. Edited by porkpie

To be honest it's not really an issue I have. I don't post reports etc, as I have no personal interest in it. That said, if someone wants to post they're slayfest on my favorite river, I don't really care. I can always find a bit of water to fish, and the odd fish to catch, wether I am fishing with 1 or 100 of my closest friends. If not, I'll move on down the road! I don't see the issue with backgrounds, and frankly I don't enjoy fish in the muck pictures, or a fish laying beside a float reel. They all look the same to me! To each their own.

I too enjoy fish pictures of fish with backgrounds, it enhances the photo greatly no question. As long as it doesn't hit the nps site, this site etc. Remember, it's not the good guys we worry about, it's the ones that rape and pillage.

Edited by VXP