Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

I think theres also a code about carrying your stick around like Kessel does. superstar or not you use your stick like that and your just the same as everyone else. Kessel should of shown he has balls and just grabbed him and held on real close. The linesman would of been there to bail him out in a second.

I think theres also a code about carrying your stick around like Kessel does. superstar or not you use your stick like that and your just the same as everyone else. Kessel should of shown he has balls and just grabbed him and held on real close. The linesman would of been there to bail him out in a second.

Easy for you too say sitting on your couch, You ever fought a guy who had that much of a height and weight advantage over you on skates? Oh and not too mention earns his paycheque from scrapping. Didn't think so. Arm chair quarterbacks are my favourite, would love see your "balls" when put in that situation. (but I really don't wanna see your balls). But don't worry the linesman will be there to bail you out in a second.

I read that not only will he get docked the games, but he stands to forfeit $269 230.80 of his salary as well. There's standing up but there's also using your brain.

Hockey is going down the flusher and I see no end in sight for what should be a great game. Guess the NHL brain trusts have forgotten what made Olympic hockey gold medal games so great...

Edited by woodenboater

Stiil does not excuse the slashing, that is junior behaviour not professional.

Easy for you too say sitting on your couch, You ever fought a guy who had that much of a height and weight advantage over you on skates? Oh and not too mention earns his paycheque from scrapping. Didn't think so. Arm chair quarterbacks are my favourite, would love see your "balls" when put in that situation. (but I really don't wanna see your balls). But don't worry the linesman will be there to bail you out in a second.

What is silly is that you are comparing Kessel to gretzky? Laff fans are so delusiona, you have to be after watching a team for 8 straight years and finally make the playoffs?? Now I am been told that they are going to the finals this year. WOW.

Think about it in terms of any team. Imagine Chara going after Spezza, or Probert after gretzky or.... the list goes on. Carlisle said that he was trying to diffuse the situation by putting out the kessel line he had no idea that buffalo would stoop so low and go after him. Just crazy on both sides.

Can tell your a true Leaf fan Matty, but at least your smart enough to agree that the linesman would be there in a second to bail me out. Can tell you one thing. In 40 yrs of playing hockey I have never used my stick like that. I guess its because I do have a set of balls not like the little pansy Kessle.

Can tell your a true Leaf fan Matty, but at least your smart enough to agree that the linesman would be there in a second to bail me out. Can tell you one thing. In 40 yrs of playing hockey I have never used my stick like that. I guess its because I do have a set of balls not like the little pansy Kessle.

I think people need to relax about the Kessel stick swinging. If you have played hockey for 40 years I am sure you have slashed someone in the shin pads and seen things a lot worse then that on the ice. Lets be realistic here. Now if he would have slashed him in the head or even the body... then I would have a different opinion. All in all it wasn't that bad... but he will probably still get a game.

As for Phil being jumped by Scott...... I'll tell you one thing... if someone did that to Dougie back in the 90's....... Wendel would have been coming over the boards just like Clarkson.. except it wouldn't be to break up the fight.

What is silly is that you are comparing Kessel to gretzky? Laff fans are so delusiona, you have to be after watching a team for 8 straight years and finally make the playoffs?? Now I am been told that they are going to the finals this year. WOW.

Just in case you missed it I think the point is fighters aren't "supposed" to jump the other teams star players. Your Welcome :good:

Isint there a sens thread for the non leafers to troll about in....Kessel will get 1 game we will see at 445 this aft..No one got hurt and I doubt Shanny will do much.. First time offender and all..Just my opinion.. Funny thing is Clarkson is still allowed to play in the preseason..His 10 game suspension doesn't start until the regular season..Interesting to sat the least..
Here is a theory for you to think over..When suspended his salary still effects the cap. Now lets say that he twists his ankle tonight and goes on the IR for I don't know lets say 12 games (insert evil grin here) then his salary doesn't count towards the cap hit..That would free up a little extra cash for Franson.
Now to top it all off the PA is doing some sort of appeal on the Clarkson suspension..Re the code and he needed to be out to defuse the situation..Love the NHL

Edited by tb4me

40 years of Friday Night mens league or house league experience doesn't count

Not a sens fan, just love listening to and reading the whiney leaf stories from the fan base and beieve me you fans are all alike when it comes to the Laffs, they walk on water no matter how bad they play. Its almost like the leafs organization sends out talking points to all the leaf fans so they say the same thing over and over again...

Not a sens fan, just love listening to and reading the whiney leaf stories from the fan base and beieve me you fans are all alike when it comes to the Laffs, they walk on water no matter how bad they play. Its almost like the leafs organization sends out talking points to all the leaf fans so they say the same thing over and over again...

You sure you're not talking about Sens fans? It seems that the only thing they talk about are the Leafs :)

See that's what I find odd..Honestly I have never been to another teams fan site so I don't know what goes on over there..However I suspect that its very much the same..If those teams had as big of a fan base..Sens Red Wings Buffalo none of them have a real fan base as the Leafs do..SO why not start a thread boosting your own team? Honestly you would never see me on the forums of your favorite team blasting them..Your all closet Leafs fans and that i cant help..But seriously we don't talk any higher about out team then any other fan does of their respective team in any sport..Of course we think were going to win the cup..that's what being a fan is all about..Perhaps you guys should spend more time on your teams fan sites supporting them..As a real fan should do.. So it comes down to 2 possibilities here..1 either your a closet Leaf fans or 2 your jealous and want to come here to flame us real fans..Go support your team and allow us to enjoy ours...

Even my buddy who is a Buffalo fan thought Sundays events were awesome!!!!

Totally reminded me of 70's and 80's hockey.

Some of you may remember the good old days. ;)

I do lol.Broadstreet bullies.My favorite team at the time.Clarke was tough as anyone.No Wimpy guys then.Nothing against Kessel,but that team at the time was a force to be reckoned with.One of many teams in that era.Those were the days.

Really??

Thanks for the Tuesday funny tb4me. Oh and I hate the Sens to boot. And other team fans do go on forums and bash the team. This goes on everyday so maybe you are not looking hard enough. "Toronto is the shrine of hockey" the holy GRAIL!!!, is that not what Laff fans say? This is why so many other NHL teams fans bash the laffs. All the fans think that the Leafs are gods gift to hockey yet the reality is that they do suck and have sucked for a long long long time. Now that they made the playoffs for the first time in 8 yrs the belief in leafdom is that your team is going to the cup and will win the division along the way. if I could hold an intelligent coversation with a Leaf fan it would a cold day for sure. I bash my own team that I support. I am a hockey fan a hockey player and still play to a high level to this day. A true hockey fan will clear all of the bias that clouds the judgement and have an intelligent conversation about a game.

I have yet to meet a leaf fan that feels this way. The Leafs can do no wrong. look at the comments on this thread; If kessel had two handed me in a game he would be going off on a stretcher the next shift out. That is so bush league and he has a propensity to do this year in and year out. There is no denying that he is a cheap shot artist. Mention this to a leaf fan and right away they turn it around and deflect it back with comments like what about this guy or that guyor this team or that. No accountability on the part of leaf fans when it comes to their team.

TRUCULENCE was the buzzword with the Leafs last year, what will be the new motto this year?