Hockey thread 2013 2014 season

muskymatt

That's 3 times now this pre season that I've seen Kessel use his stick as a weapon. He can't keep doing that.

That's the second, or possibly the third time Kessel has tomahawked someone this preseason. I'm a big Leafs fan, but that isn't right.

"Someone" said this a few days ago.... but wait... he's a "Dead Wings" fan and therefore got blasted about bashing the Leafs.

:whistling:

clarkson, what an idiotic move it's pre season and now he's gonna get 10 games

I both agree and disagree with this comment..Your right he should have stayed on the bench but he seen his top line getting jumped by a super goon.Clarkson is going to have the C by this time next year..He is a team player and it just proves his loyalty to his teammates..I wish he didnt do it but im happy he did...

Think about it in terms of any team. Imagine Chara going after Spezza, or Probert after gretzky or.... the list goes on. Carlisle said that he was trying to diffuse the situation by putting out the kessel line he had no idea that buffalo would stoop so low and go after him. Just crazy on both sides.

Havn't seen the crap from last night but if the league continues to leave it to the players to take care of things, ie the code, then small guys like Kessel will continue to use their stick like an axe. It's not right, but that's the way it is.

On a slight tangent: Some of us here should remember a "tough guy" from the 80s and 90s that made sure everytime you tried to hit him clean you had to go through a crosscheck or his elbow.

Edited by kickingfrog

Just imagine if Kessel threw up an elbow every time someone came near him. He would for one be in the box the whole game and two be labeled as a cheap shot artist. The game isn't the same now.

Now why would Kessel use his elbow when he has a perfectly good stick to use as a weapon?

Ah the fallacy of the code. Fighters don't fight non-fighters and goons don't go after the talent. The Sabre's coach needs to answer for his responsibility.

Kessel will get something for the stick work although what else do you do when someone who is 12 inches taller and 90 odd pounds heavier then you drops the gloves and tries to go? Clarkson left the bench, that's pretty cut and dried.

We all know what would have happened if Randy had sent out his big guys. He tried to end it by sending out obvious non-fighters (the code) and the Sabres didn't care. This was all after there had been a fight and one player was concussed after hitting his head on the ice.

This is preseason.